Talk

Advanced search

Time for the Ceausescu moment?

(3 Posts)
dorade Wed 14-Feb-18 09:13:45

In 1989 Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu met his end.

It started with a few demonstrations but most people were afraid to speak out. Then at a mass gathering where Ceausescu was speaking, one or two started dissenting. More voices were added as people became emboldened by numbers.

You can read the whole story elsewhere but the overthrow became a chain reaction with people either feeling able to speak their true thoughts at last or realising that by staying loyal to Ceausescu they would be backing the wrong horse. Even the escape helicopter pilot abandoned him.

If we are to halt the ideological excesses of the trans movement then we are going to have to speak out. It is easier for some than others, but the vast majority of the public, when informed of the facts, will agree.

If enough people speak out, the nonsense will stop. If we don't, it won't.

I prepared myself for losing friends when I spoke out. It hasn't happened. Some have come round to my way of thinking when shown the most egregious examples of trans ideology. Some were already on the same page but afraid to say so and a few have agreed to disagree - mostly because they have close trans friends and it feels disloyal.

I feel the need to finish this by restating that trans identifying people deserve the same rights and respect as everyone else. Adults can decide what to do with their bodies and I'm no more concerned about an adult man who has his dick removed than I am about an adult who gets a tattoo.

But I can't stand by while children's lives are fucked up, while lesbians are expected to sleep with 'women with penises' and while women's spaces are invaded by male bodied people.

This is the hill I will die on.

TheDowagerCuntess Wed 14-Feb-18 09:18:02

Good for you. I'm with you.

AngryAttackKittens Wed 14-Feb-18 09:25:20

The thing is, some people will lose friends if they speak out over this, and some won't but it won't go well either and they'll end up disagreeing. I think the question to ask yourself is more, are you just reluctant to speak to friends about this because you don't want an argument or are you reluctant to speak because you're afraid of what they'll say or do if you're honest? Because if you're afraid of what people will do to you if you voice an opinion then maybe you should reconsider whether or not those are people you actually want to be friends with.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: