Talk

Advanced search

Bella Caledonia article

(6 Posts)
Catchedinthetefelone Tue 13-Feb-18 10:03:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Melamin Tue 13-Feb-18 10:14:06

It looks like a good article to me with good comments (except the first one is a pile of pants, but it is called out)

Everyonematters Tue 13-Feb-18 10:18:52

Great the viewpoint is printed. But what we need is articles that explain in clear practical terms what the problems are for ordinary women.

goodthinking99 Tue 13-Feb-18 10:29:25

Really clear and reasoned article. Thanks for posting the link OP. I'll be referring to this when responding to the Scottish Government self ID consultation.

SweetGrapes Tue 13-Feb-18 10:40:27

It's a good article. But I am a little confused. I went and skim read the first part too which seems to say.. men can already access womens spaces so what are you worried about? Nothing will change.

But the second part is highlighting the issue seen by feminists.

Are they doing both sides of the fence?

nauticant Tue 13-Feb-18 11:02:12

I do wish that when people decide to communicate with the public, they did it less like a gender studies lecture and put more thought into getting their message across to a diverse audience.

Loads of people will find that piece inaccessible because of the language. Stuff like this is genuinely off-putting:

And while sex is the axis of our subjugation, gender is the tool; with patriarchy long since underpinned by the notion of biological essentialism

Things improved once I'd waded through the "On Gender" section but I wonder how many people would have given up or glazed over while reading that part.

To my mind, ego got in the way of clarity.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: