Talk

Advanced search

Does Lily Madigan ever discuss women's issues

(112 Posts)
Scabbersley Mon 12-Feb-18 16:33:38

on her Twitter feed? Is she at all interested in women?

MyBrilliantDisguise Mon 12-Feb-18 16:34:09

Nope, just himself and trans rights.

Patodp Mon 12-Feb-18 16:37:24

Nope.
Their only concern regarding women is to make sure they're suspended from Labour membership.

AngryAttackKittens Mon 12-Feb-18 16:37:55

He would't recognize a woman's issue if it walked up and bit him on the lady-bum.

Scabbersley Mon 12-Feb-18 16:37:56

That's what I thought. I've seen plenty of sad posts about how people are horrid to her and some about how awful her parents are. Everything else is trans issues?

Honestly, what women's issues does she think its worth commenting on?

Ostrichnomore Mon 12-Feb-18 16:39:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AngryAttackKittens Mon 12-Feb-18 16:42:17

I mean, at this point I'm almost willing to send him something just so I don't ever have to see that same pink hoodie again.

Ostrichnomore Mon 12-Feb-18 16:50:02

Ostrichnomore Mon 12-Feb-18 16:52:49

AngryAttackKittens Mon 12-Feb-18 16:55:49

I was going to say, please don't send Lily cute girls, he has enough fawning supporters already.

SuperLoudPoppingAction Mon 12-Feb-18 16:56:24

Someone did an audit and it was something like 431 about l madigan, 89 on trans rights and 1 on women's rights. Which is standard for a solipsistic male 20 year old.
Asking for clothes is a bit beyond though.

RadicalFern Mon 12-Feb-18 18:32:21

What are you talking about? Transwomen’s rights are women’s rights. Hem hem... hmm

SuperLoudPoppingAction Mon 12-Feb-18 18:36:09

But also different and more important obv

Charismam Mon 12-Feb-18 18:36:35

/did that 20 year old manage to get three women out of the labour party shock

Excuse my ignorance, not in the UK.

SuperLoudPoppingAction Mon 12-Feb-18 18:40:13

Oh there's a secret fb group getting women suspended and all sorts. But Anne ruzylo first left after a hate campaign by l madigan and a man in the same local area. They made fun of her on twitter and said she didn't look feminine.
She's a lesbian.

It's really horrible here just now

BeatriceJoanna Mon 12-Feb-18 18:42:26

Couldn't say for sure, am blocked. But screen shots suggest no.

Women's Officer hmm What a farce.

TERFousBreakdown Mon 12-Feb-18 18:42:56

In all fairness: 'terf terf terf' indirectly brings up the subject of radical feminism.

I honestly tried my best here. Since LM has a) blocked me on Twitter and b) until that point never posted anything worthy of going into private mode to check, it'll have to do ... grin

TERFousBreakdown Mon 12-Feb-18 18:44:20

@BeatriceJoanna, x-post. 'Blocked by LM' appears not to be a particularly exclusive club. Damn! I was hoping I wouldn't have to apply to Rotary!

BeatriceJoanna Mon 12-Feb-18 18:53:58

Blocked by LM' appears not to be a particularly exclusive club
True, blocking women on Twitter appears to be a hobby. See also I. Willoughby.

I wouldn't care but I never tweeted either of them.

Ostrichnomore Mon 12-Feb-18 19:01:17

MrGHardy Mon 12-Feb-18 19:02:46

The only tweets on women's issues I saw were for publicity, e.g. an event where Lily can show herself. It is a 100% me/trans twitter feed.

ps I did stop some time ago to read her twitter, the initial lulz it provided has worn off.

BeatriceJoanna Mon 12-Feb-18 19:05:45

Ostrich You'll get there, just #carryonterfing wink

redshoeblueshoe Mon 12-Feb-18 19:06:37

Actually Lily has done some good.
I didn't know what a TERF was.
Now I am one.
Thanks Lil

TERFousBreakdown Mon 12-Feb-18 19:09:51

@Ostrichnomore, if you want in: I myself managed by asking a single question, phrased in an ever so slightly sarcastic way but nowhere approaching aggressive - though I hear that I may have overshot the goal and that simply following certain more prominent users will achieve the same effect without risking repetitive strain injury by typing.

So much for what it means to be representing women! Let's start by blocking out every single one of them who doesn't share my exact opinions on my pet-subject of choice or whom I declare guilty of association of such a crime.

I'm actually quite serious about this last point, too! Surely, if you happen to be a women's officer the general idea is to listen and be open to what actual ... um, you know, WOMEN ... happen to say and think - regardless of whether you happen to agreee - rather than to retreat into your own personal echo chamber!

boatyardblues Mon 12-Feb-18 19:11:04

Lol @ redshoe. grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: