Talk

Advanced search

Magdalen Berns responds to exiled male feminist declaring himself a woman

(14 Posts)
SisterMoonshine Sun 11-Feb-18 13:45:38

I didn't see if this was already here somewhere. Always good - so sharing in case it's not been seen already.

https://youtu.be/O65OL7k0jXg

Inthishouse Sun 11-Feb-18 13:56:37

She's hilarious! And completely right about that ridiculous individual

boatyardblues Sun 11-Feb-18 14:09:00

Magdalen is right about that purple lipstick.

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 11-Feb-18 14:22:31

Spot on

TellsEveryoneRealFacts Sun 11-Feb-18 14:24:45

He is not an exiled male feminist though.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3101416-Charles-Charlotte-Clymer

GuardianLions Sun 11-Feb-18 14:29:04

That was great. I don't know how she can stand watching him.
I so appreciate her watching so we don't have to!

lunamoth581 Sun 11-Feb-18 14:31:41

Magdalene Berns is great! She just cuts right through all the b.s. so calmly and rationally.

"Bottom feeders of masculinity" is a great turn of phrase. TRAs focus almost exclusively on women. It's women's spaces that are being invaded. It's women's rights that are being eroded. It's women who are being told to shut up about their bodies because talking about menstruation and pregnancy and abortion and any other female specific bodily issue is transphobic. It's lesbian women who are being told they are horrible bigots if they won't sleep with trans women. And on and on.

It's so much easier to do these things to women than it is to men. Men have more power. Society views men as human beings with inherent rights and bodily autonomy. And it's so much easier to demand that women give up their rights and spaces and words than it is to demand that men make space for gender non-conforming males, whether they be trans women or drag queens or men who like to wear make-up. And it's so much easier than demanding that men stop using violence against those who do not conform to masculinity.

BigDeskBob Sun 11-Feb-18 14:36:07

Magdalen is so funny and so right.

But how and why the fuck was that bollocks on a news program?

GuardianLions Sun 11-Feb-18 14:42:27

I too love the 'bottom feeders of masculinity' metaphor.

I remember some time ago, having a visceral hatred of a bloke who was really cloying and lacking in any mettle who tried to convince me our destinies were entwined. I remember describing him as a 'bottom feeder' - and I love that MB has really followed through on the metaphor and made it clear to me what I meant.

tobee Sun 11-Feb-18 15:19:14

BigDesk because that's Channel 4 through and through.

SisterMoonshine Sun 11-Feb-18 15:22:11

I know Bob, channel 4 news shock

53rdWay Sun 11-Feb-18 15:23:39

Hugo Schwyzer must be kicking himself that he didn't think of this first.

NotAgainYoda Sun 11-Feb-18 19:24:55

I love Magdelen

AngryAttackKittens Mon 12-Feb-18 08:28:18

If only he had been exiled. I vote for sending him to one of the floating garbage islands.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/07/ocean-plastic-patch-south-pacific-spd/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now