Talk

Advanced search

The Women's Equality Party - WEP

(3 Posts)
rowdywoman1 Sun 11-Feb-18 12:52:41

I've been trying to find out more about the WEP.
I found their facebook live streaming of their leadership election meeting yesterday:
www.facebook.com/1611854292422966/videos/2034266953515029/

I stopped listening when the Chair repeatedly said that all questions (written and from the audience) were 'pre agreed' and reminded the audience that IF they had a question they MUST read what was on the card - in a meeting about the leader for a political party confused grin

Now I wonder what questions they were trying to avoid? Define a woman? Is the penis a female organ? Should we support Marie Dean in their demands to go to a women's prison? How can the WEP represent women if they don't know what a woman is?
So many questions and so much silence......

I probably ought to listen to the whole thing but I suspect there is no point as the critical questions for women will not have been addressed. But am I wrong? Does anyone know?

AlistairSim Sun 11-Feb-18 12:54:28

I feel the same, OP, they are such a disappointment.

rowdywoman1 Sun 11-Feb-18 13:58:12

This party should have been the one leading on this - giving a voice to women. Instead they are a frightened disappointment, hopelessly compromised. A bit of a laughing stock really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now