Talk

Advanced search

Jennifer James is a heroine

(14 Posts)
MillyTantTerf Sun 11-Feb-18 09:29:20

Just that really.

Is she on Mumsnet and what can I do in practical terms to help stem the madness?

Haidees Sun 11-Feb-18 09:34:36

Completely agree, she is amazing! She has stood up, publicly, to the Labour Party and retained a brilliant sense of humour even while they screwed her over.

If we could get rid of Corby and get Jennifer in charge....

Fluffymcflufftown Sun 11-Feb-18 09:37:17

Her campaign is one of the things that helped me to reach peaktrans. What an incredible woman.

BelaLugosisShed Sun 11-Feb-18 09:41:32

She has posted on MN but is not a ‘regular’.
In practical terms, if you are a Labour voter - contact your local CLP but don’t be surprised if they blank you. I’ve emailed , written and tried directly contacting my MP and he has completely ignored me. He’s practically invisible other than at election time hmm as it’s a safe Labour area.

rb67 Sun 11-Feb-18 09:45:12

contribute to the democracy review. If there are no discussions in your area you can do it online. There is no comeback on it, if that is something you are worried about. You can find it on the Labour Party website, go to the section on Diversity and Equality which asks questions about women and LGBT.

TellsEveryoneRealFacts Sun 11-Feb-18 09:46:15

She is. She is fantastic.

MillyTantTerf Sun 11-Feb-18 09:46:21

Writing to JC would be pointless then? If enough of us did it?

Ostrichnomore Sun 11-Feb-18 09:47:01

She is on Mumsnet, she recently popped on. She isn't a regular though. jenniferjames

Practical terms:
Make sure you have filled in the self ID consultation
Talk to everyone that is safe for you to do so to raise awareness
Get them to fill in the consultation
Write to your MP expressing your concerns
Get everyone you can to do the same

The most important thing is to keep talking about it.

I am fairly sure it is going to happen but damage limitation is going to be key.

Sabistick Sun 11-Feb-18 09:55:08

Just checked the funding site which is currently running at £22 k , with the target at £30k.

MillyTantTerf Sun 11-Feb-18 13:50:59

I made a poster. Hope this works.

MillyTantTerf Mon 12-Feb-18 20:35:51

I take back the admiration after seeing her attack on the Spectator journalist. WTAF?

JenniferJames Mon 12-Feb-18 20:38:00

Say what now? Why aren't they this nice to me on Twitter? ;-)

TheXXFactor Mon 12-Feb-18 20:42:44

I take back the admiration after seeing her attack on the Spectator journalist. WTAF?

This. Attacking all gender critical journalists (and loads of GC women on Twitter) because they have reported what Corbyn said on TV is crazy and self-defeating. Labour will not get elected if they don't start listening to women. Pretending that Corbyn hasn't supported self-ID and slagging off people who report the truth is a fast track to a Labour defeat, as well as being a gift to TRAs.

TheXXFactor Mon 12-Feb-18 20:48:51

Cross-post with you Jennifer and I have just read on another thread that you are signed off work with stress. While what I said in the post above is true, I wouldn't have written it if I had known you are unwell. I wish you a swift recovery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now