Talk

Advanced search

Paris Lees’ passport

(10 Posts)
TheDetectorist Sat 10-Feb-18 22:30:43

I have just read on another thread that Paris Lees has a passport saying female despite not having a GRC (and, we’ll, bring male). How does this work? When travelling to countries who may not have as ‘right on’ policies surrounding this as ours, surely having F on your passport would be a major issue. Or does the information on their simply not matter? I find it bizarre that it’s internationally acceptable that the basic information on a passport can be biologically incorrect. Does anyone know how the hell this works?

TheDetectorist Sat 10-Feb-18 22:31:33

Arse, that should be ‘and, well, being male)

AnotherCassandra Sat 10-Feb-18 22:54:10

Not my monkey, not my circus. If Paris runs into trouble abroad, I am sure OJ and co will be very vocal virtue signalling on Twitter.

RadicalFern Sat 10-Feb-18 22:54:33

They'll change it for you with a doctor's note. I have a friend who's just done this.

Everyonematters Sat 10-Feb-18 22:55:29

Yes, what Radical said.

RadicalFern Sat 10-Feb-18 22:56:18

RE: everything else, no idea. I would have thought that not really looking like the sex it says in your passport might cause a person problems when travelling.

mummybear701 Sat 10-Feb-18 23:18:24

Yep Radical. Apparently everything except the birth certificate can already be changed by self id, so its the one document being changed (and all the institutions where it is the birth certificate gender that matters that will be exempt like refuges, prisons)

But I also heard you need recognition under the laws of the country/state you are visiting, so if you go to a country who don't recognise transgender or require genital surgery then you are still screwed. Go to one with self id already and you should be fine.

Battleax Sun 11-Feb-18 00:17:21

It's a bit of a pick and mix jumble out there isn't it?

Everyonematters Sun 11-Feb-18 00:59:18

Yep

TheButterflyOfTheStorms Sun 11-Feb-18 03:09:46

See DH travels on a passport from his youth country. he no longer has that accent. He gets dragged in A LOT. Because the voice doesn't match the nationality.

I'm fairly sure Paris isn't visiting Saudi or even Morocco.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now