Talk

Advanced search

A hopeful sign on Twitter

(16 Posts)
LostSight Fri 09-Feb-18 22:20:14

I felt heartened when I saw this just now. Lots of agreement and encouragement below the line.

NotTerfNorCis Fri 09-Feb-18 22:34:25

The backlash is growing.

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 09-Feb-18 22:53:56

That is brave and awesome. Finally!

MrsDoylesTeaBags Fri 09-Feb-18 22:58:12

Now that really is stunning and brave. I wish more Trans people felt able to speak out like this.

KnitFastDieWarm Fri 09-Feb-18 23:02:41

The great irony for the shout-em-down TRAs is that I for one would happily call this person my sister and would support her in any way I could in her struggle as a trans woman because I feel she would respect and hear my own lived experience as a woman.

AnotherCassandra Fri 09-Feb-18 23:04:45

What a relief, at last.

TallulahWaitingInTheRain Fri 09-Feb-18 23:10:01

Good for them star

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 09-Feb-18 23:12:39

Thank you smile

CandlesAndIncense Sat 10-Feb-18 09:12:50

Yes!!!

I don't have Twitter, or understand how it works, any chance you can link to some of the responses?

Just because it would be nice to read them smile

misscockerspaniel Sat 10-Feb-18 18:37:29

twitter.com/shushingthecult

BelaLugosisShed Sat 10-Feb-18 18:41:39

I’ve also seen a couple of UK Psychiatrists being openly critical about the Trans agenda, in private practice but it’s a start.

TERFousBreakdown Sat 10-Feb-18 19:04:35

The great irony for the shout-em-down TRAs is that I for one would happily call this person my sister and would support her in any way I could in her struggle as a trans woman because I feel she would respect and hear my own lived experience as a woman.

Well, precisely!

Nobody (who's not an actual bigot) has a problem with being polite and accommodating and with supporting equally polite and respectful individuals. It's the bullying, demanding, shaming and threatening that's the issue. Ironically, the latter reads incredibly male.

TellsEveryoneRealFacts Sat 10-Feb-18 19:06:34

I am hoping one day we will look back on this as 'do you remember the time when'...like those clackers and Rubick's Cubes. The odd one crops up now and then as a novelty and then we swiftly forget about it and get on with our lives.

LadyMcLadyCrisps Sat 10-Feb-18 20:20:21

Giving this a bump as it was lost many threads down and I didnt spot it!

Well spotted OP, how brave and fantastic of that tweeter. Hats off to Nicole, wherever you are! flowers

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Sat 10-Feb-18 20:48:01

Yes, it takes a lot og guts to stand up to the transactivists. I suspect they treat actual transsexual people worse than they treat women.

I am feeling hopeful recently, that we are close to tipping point with this nonsense.

And YY to I would be happy to stand alongside people like this. Its TRAs and the transtrenders that I have no time for.

picklemepopcorn Sat 10-Feb-18 20:53:30

That's amazing. If I was on twitter, I'd go and support her.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: