Talk

Advanced search

Article on increasing number of teens being diagnosed as trans

(3 Posts)
iamawoman Fri 09-Feb-18 07:46:05

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2018/february/its-a-problem-with-the-mind-not-the-body-increasing-number-of-teens-identifying-as-transgender

Oblomov18 Fri 09-Feb-18 07:50:14

81,000 ?
No surprise. Thus is so sad. sad
I agree with this part of the article:
""Every teenager struggles with self acceptance at different levels... and because we understand this, as a culture, we do things like avoid marketing tobacco products or alcohol products to kids. Why? Because when kids see their favorite person in Hollywood doing it, they want to do it. And this is what's going on with transgenderism, it's being marketed as cool and chic," Cretella explains. "

Troubled teens is completely normal. Unfortunately they are just latching onto this, the latest craze.

iamawoman Fri 09-Feb-18 11:09:48

Which is why in my view puberty blockers should be a no no - a child needs to go through puberty and all those hormonol challenges to begin to form their adult identity. If you block puberty are you also not blocking those experienced which enable you to make more mature responses. If so then you are setting the teenager up to make a response as a child frozen in time to some extent ? I am afraid i dont know very much but it sounds wrong on so many levels - particurly as there is no such thing as being born in the wrong body etc you may have a psychological issue as to why you dont feel right as one sex or the other or not able to express who you are within your percieved confines of your sex but ultimately it is your sex, personality traits and your social cultural parental influence and lived experience your gender identity (aka individual personality)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now