Talk

Advanced search

Disgusted by all you transphobes - part two

(121 Posts)
PidgeonPodge Thu 08-Feb-18 23:25:19

I'd just thought of a reply to our latest drop and run when you inconsiderate lot went and took all the spaces up on the last thread (ah, I see what you did there grin) and I think it needs saying to our regular drop ins - I figure this is the sort of thread that will draw their virtuous wrath/ illiterate sympathy.

Anyway...

Too many posts to read but I agree with the OP - the transphobia on this website is shocking. A penis is just that, a penis, a sex organ, not an indicator of gender and if you can't get your head around that I suggest you repeat it to yourself daily until you do

Why can none of the posters who pop on here to scream transphobia maintain concentration long enough to actually read anything they are spurting their glittery virtue at?

I on the other hand, can actually read (I know, go me! grin) so I'm curious. If this site (and I'm sure you are aiming at this particular section) was even a fraction as transphobic as the people who can't read think...why am I happy to be here, reading and replying? Why is the only place that my own concerns aren't met with derision or hatred?

Don't worry, I don't expect an answer. I suspect I lost you after the first syllable.

HairyBallTheorem Thu 08-Feb-18 23:32:49

Thanks for starting a new thread, Pidgeon

PleaseDontGoadTheToad Thu 08-Feb-18 23:34:30

Hello Pidgeon smile

CraigyRicherer Thu 08-Feb-18 23:34:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

HairyBallTheorem Thu 08-Feb-18 23:35:56

Craigy - Pidgeon is a transwoman. One who is continually invisible to ploppers like yourself, a fact which she has commented on ruefully in the past.

AngryAttackKittens Thu 08-Feb-18 23:36:09

Listen to trans people! No, we didn't mean those trans people, obviously.

It really does work like an invisibility cloak. Maybe you could rob a bank! It could be the first post-modern heist movie, security systems designed by AGPs unable to pick up the presence of any any trans person who doesn't says "some penises are female" every 90 seconds.

HairyBallTheorem Thu 08-Feb-18 23:36:58

Oooh, I like it. A heist movie. Always up for those.

PleaseDontGoadTheToad Thu 08-Feb-18 23:37:30

So you admit you don't even read the threads but you've still come to the conclusion we're transphobes? Righto then.

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:40:13

Hey pidgeon

Gonna lurk some more

But so far i agree with everyone

Except craigy

I would have thought ignoring trans people would be very transphobic...naughty plopping craigy angry

PidgeonPodge Thu 08-Feb-18 23:40:28

Thank you CraigyRicherer for demonstrating the need for my thread. I was rather worried it would turn out to be pointless.

Though how you managed to read through some threads when you couldn't make it to the end of my OP baffles me.

Mumsnet is certainly not toxic for trans people.

AngryAttackKittens grin Ok I'm getting my theme song ready.

I'll agree it probably is toxic to those hard of thinking though. All those confusing words and facts, gosh it just makes my brain hurt.

Jon66 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:41:07

I've read them though, and as a highly educated and intelligent person, also find this site phobic with regard to trans . . .

GrockleBocs Thu 08-Feb-18 23:44:38

Oh that was comedy gold.

Frequency Thu 08-Feb-18 23:45:02

What on MN, precisely, is toxic towards trans people? Can any of the ploppers stick around long enough to give some quotes to back up their, thus far, unsubstantiated claims?

HairyBallTheorem Thu 08-Feb-18 23:45:28

Why, Jon?

Can you point to some posts in particular?

Do you have a problem, for instance, with women saying Andi Dyer's heckling of Rose McGowan was unacceptable?

Do you have a problem with a woman who wants a biologically female HCP to perform a smear test?

Do you think a woman rugby player should face the risk of spinal injury on being confronted with a 14 stone transwoman in the front row of the opposing team's scrum?

Do you think the Observer was right to campaign for "Marie" Dean to be transferred to a woman's prison without mentioning the fact that his crime was to wank into the knickers of teenage girls during his burglaries, and that the trial judge gave him a long sentence because he posed a serious danger to women?

You're allowed to yell "transphobia", but we're not allowed to point out obvious, in your face misogyny?

MrsDoyleFallingOutTheWindow Thu 08-Feb-18 23:45:40

A penis isn't an indicator of gender, eh? Those poor midwives up and down the land. "Congratulations Ms Smith! You've got a beautiful baby ... er ... I don't know really. I mean, it's got a penis but that isn't telling me anything. I'd better let it decide for itself, just to be sure now."

QueenOfGaviscon Thu 08-Feb-18 23:50:30

Hi @PidgeonPodge. I've been on MN a long time but have yet to really comment on any of the Trans threads but have read many.

Looking forward to hearing more from you grin

BTW what's a plopper?

PerspicaciaTick Thu 08-Feb-18 23:50:48

it's got a penis but that isn't telling me anything
grin

AngryAttackKittens Thu 08-Feb-18 23:53:01

I've read them though, and as a highly educated and intelligent person

If you have to actually tell people this...

GrockleBocs Thu 08-Feb-18 23:53:23

Crikey. This is the trans allies attack erm trans people thread.

WitchIwasaWitch18 Thu 08-Feb-18 23:54:14

I'm guessing a plopper is someone who drops some shit down and scarpers leaving the steaming pile for others to clear up. Is that right?

ladyballs Thu 08-Feb-18 23:54:48

grin

AWaitressInACocktailBar Thu 08-Feb-18 23:54:53

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MrsDoyleFallingOutTheWindow Thu 08-Feb-18 23:57:08

Probably has business cards with BA (Hons) in Terf Observation Sudies on them. Good old Jon.

PleaseDontGoadTheToad Thu 08-Feb-18 23:58:32

There's actually at least three trans people that I can think of off the top of my head Waitress and at least two parents of trans children. Of course if you really had read the threads you would have known that.

TransHobbit Fri 09-Feb-18 00:00:02

Waitress
Not just one, you can add me to the list.

And as being trans is all about self identification, you have to believe us smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now