Talk

Advanced search

I just peak trans two people on Facebook in one post

(15 Posts)
KnitFastDieWarm Thu 08-Feb-18 14:30:17

When do I get my free toblerone? grin

Lefty lib people are starting to speak out. They’re scared but they’re doing it. Baby steps, sisters

Everyonematters Thu 08-Feb-18 14:33:53

smile what did you say?

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Thu 08-Feb-18 14:35:05

Go, girl! What did you say?

KnitFastDieWarm Thu 08-Feb-18 14:40:19

I posted a link to the morning star piece someone mentioned in another thread, a friend posted saying she knew nothing about it and asking for info, and I was able to PREACH. Another male friend came out and agreed with me, plus my most right on lefty dudebro friend didn’t shout me down in an Owen Jones style rant which suggests that he’s well on the way to peaking, too.

I feel like we should be handing out a free TERF welcome hamper to all peakers - containing a toblerone, some dungarees and a copy of the female eunuch perhaps? And a signed photo of Linda bellos grin

just5morepeas Thu 08-Feb-18 14:42:48

Oh, well done. Do you have a link to the article?

(And why toblerone?)

Mumsnut Thu 08-Feb-18 14:44:06

You have to ask ? shock

Mumsnut Thu 08-Feb-18 14:44:35

(Bugger. Now I have Toblerone on my mind. Bugger.)

KnitFastDieWarm Thu 08-Feb-18 14:44:47

morningstaronline.co.uk/article/the-gender-debate-is-dividing-the-left-we-mustn-t-forget-that-our-unity-is-our-strength

No idea how to clicky link sorry

Toblerone because it’s got peaks!

CunningOperative Thu 08-Feb-18 14:50:35

Toblerone because it’s got peaks! grin grin grin

Well done!

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Thu 08-Feb-18 16:01:50

Near all of my libfem friends are 'out terfs' now. Its glorious as a few of them, less than 3 months back, were accusing me of being a bigot constantly, and one was also a fully paid up trans pompom waver to the extent where she would tell people that using breastfeeding as term and stuff like that was at least problematic and ignorant and at worst transphobic. Unfortunately, her coming out post was not really something to be happy about, as the reason she 'woke up' was due to being violently assaulted by a friend of hers who claims transgender status (I think this may have helped to 'peak' some of the others too and some people who aren't feminist in any way) and a bunch of misogynistic abuse also.

KnitFastDieWarm Thu 08-Feb-18 16:35:51

@TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole that’s awful for your friend and sadly a textbook example of the futility of handmaiden behaviour in women. How horrible and confusing for her angry
However the more of this behaviour that comes to light, the better in the long run

Myunicornfliessideways Thu 08-Feb-18 16:41:41

Well done!

I hit a whole brand new snow capped peak yesterday when a MNetter commented somewhere on the boards that they'd been told by a transwoman that they were oppressing her by wearing trousers, because she didn't have to wear a dress to be recognised as a woman. Still utterly livid whenever I stop to deconstruct that one.

Worse is you know this whiny, ridiculous shit will turn into someone's work dress code within a few months. (We require all female employees to wear skirts, high heels, have long hair and wear make up while on the premises for the validation, and pandering to comfort of our trans employees.)

Fuck. That. That's the point I start chaining MPs to railings and force feeding them.

mamaryllis Thu 08-Feb-18 16:45:42

Nothing new for women there though. I spent most of the nineties in a skirt and heels because I had a vagina. That was rule imposed by men too.

GuardianLions Thu 08-Feb-18 16:48:34

Well done - I think Kendal Mint Cake and a survival bag should be included in the welcome pack

Myunicornfliessideways Thu 08-Feb-18 16:55:26

Mamaryllis yep, I was reprimanded as a trainee teacher for coming to work in slacks and was required to wear a skirt. I had to borrow one from a friend for the first few days, I didn't own one.

Which was nearly 30 years ago, and it was shocking then. I don't care how oppressed my jeans apparently make people feel, there is no way on earth I'm going back to sucking up that kind of shit to pacify them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: