Talk

Advanced search

A Woman's Place, public meeting on the GRA in Birmingham!

(43 Posts)
Alwaysinmyheart Thu 08-Feb-18 08:18:03

Do pp know about this?

KingsHeathen Thu 08-Feb-18 11:22:45

I didn't know about it, thanks.

Cuntysnark Thu 08-Feb-18 11:32:10

Brilliant! I have bought a ticket for Bristol tonight but the logistics of getting there & back are giving me a headache. I shall buy my Birmingham ticket in a moment & see if I can gift my Bristol ticket in a 'pending' style.

tasteslikechicken Thu 08-Feb-18 20:17:29

Is this a women only event? I’ve looked around and don’t see any indications that their women only, but then no explicit mention of men either.

They are described as public meetings, so I’m hoping men can attend.

If not I’ll watch it on live feed if poss.

CapnHaddock Thu 08-Feb-18 20:19:02

The meetings aren't women only. There are men at the meeting in Bristol tonight smile

tasteslikechicken Thu 08-Feb-18 20:48:14

Thanks capn. Is the photo of the Bristol meeting on twitter real?

I would be so heartened if it was, but suspect it’s just tongue in cheek.

That said, it looks like the coulston Hall.

MaximumVolume Thu 08-Feb-18 22:35:08

Hi! Sorry I hadn’t seen this thread so started another one...I’m going.

@KingsHeathen I love your username!

CapnHaddock Fri 09-Feb-18 08:17:16

Yes I think it is. I wasn't actually there but was reading the tweets and someone tweeted that there were a few men there. Much as I'd like to think we can do this all on our own, annoyingly I suspect male allies will be very helpful in giving our POV some weight

Niskasrevenge Fri 09-Feb-18 18:04:33

I have got my ticket. I have all kinds of personal and political reasons for being nervous about putting my head above the parapet on this issue, but I feel ethically impelled to get involved. Any mumsnetters planning to meet up in Birmingham in advance of the event and go in together? I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know where and when. (Long-time lurker and infrequent poster on here. I name-changed recently.)

Meltedicicle Fri 09-Feb-18 18:17:35

Niska, I would like to go and live just outside Birmingham. Bit nervous of going on my own!

MaximumVolume Fri 09-Feb-18 18:47:41

I'd be happy to meet up. Also travelling from outside Brum.

Cuntysnark Fri 09-Feb-18 20:05:07

I'd appreciate a pre-meet up too. I'm coming from south of Birmingham

Niskasrevenge Sat 10-Feb-18 00:30:03

Great, thanks. So pleased there will be others in the same position and I hope we can make this work. Im probably unduly paranoid, but how do we go about arranging to meet in a way that is safe and hack-proof since MRAs could be read8ng this thread? It would be good if women who managed to meet prior to the Women’s Place meetings in other cities could let us know how they did it...

Niskasrevenge Sat 10-Feb-18 00:33:20

Eep, apologies for typos; I’m hopeless at typing on my phone.

thebewilderness Sat 10-Feb-18 02:16:51

No, the photo of the Royal Albert and the Eiffel Tower are not the Birmingham meeting. It was a bit of a joke.

CandlesAndIncense Sat 10-Feb-18 08:56:19

I'm NCing frequently now. So have NC for this.

Intending to go and would love to be part of any pre meet up.

MaximumVolume Sat 10-Feb-18 15:40:59

I guess we need to have any idea of the venue before we agree where to meet.

KingsHeathen Sat 10-Feb-18 21:22:58

blush Thanks, maximum! It's quite apt...

MillyTantTerf Sat 10-Feb-18 21:56:58

Thinking of going although it's a fair distance. Is there likely to be trouble? Were the earlier meetings well attended and safe?

PlonitbatPlonit Sat 10-Feb-18 23:38:57

The three Woman's Place UK held so far (Cambridge, Manchester and Bristol) have all been very well attended and safe.

tasteslikechicken Tue 13-Feb-18 19:47:16

Just bought my ticket. Would a male be able to be part of any pre-meet?

Accept this might not be appreciated so no offence taken if I am greeted with radio silence

MaximumVolume Thu 15-Feb-18 09:48:38

Personally, I don't mind...tasteslikechicken

OpalIridescence Thu 15-Feb-18 10:15:08

I have my ticket, does anybody know when and how they release the location?

LikeSilver Thu 15-Feb-18 10:28:06

I’d love to attend a pre-meet up too.

dogendsaredogs Thu 15-Feb-18 14:59:57

l am not able to print ticket and have asked organiser if can have ticket at door for collection but no reply. Also how do we find out where it will be at?. I have to leave an hour pus early to get there and only have pc and not internet phone. Somebody please answer! I also would like to meet up with others. Is it secure to use the email on here?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: