Talk

Advanced search

This is what we are facing (poss trigger)

(13 Posts)
Ostrichnomore Wed 07-Feb-18 23:51:57

I have just seen on Twitter a copy of the probably the most disgusting email I have ever read. I think even posting the picture here may break talk guidelines, it is very graphicly written. Snippets of the email, addressed to a lesbian, as follows:

"Cissexist essentialist vagina fetishistic lesbians have viciously marginalized trans..."

"You think trans women are hotter than cis women and wish we'd rape you."

"Pls kill yourself."

If you haven't seen the email yet and would like to read it @renclithero is the place to go.

Juzza12 Wed 07-Feb-18 23:56:18

Oh, I thought this was going to be particularly horrific.

This is pretty standard for the more aggressive ones, I see things like this fairly often.

blueletter Thu 08-Feb-18 00:00:33

To clarify for others the email was sent to a lesbian taunting her and threatening her because she refused to sleep with a man.

This has to stop. These threats have to stop This who trans ideology has to stop. I am behind you OP and I have been quietly for some time now. Even lost a friend when she refused to see the homophobia and corrective rape touted by certain transgender males. She even said the cotton ceiling was made up by lesbians. It was at that moment I knew I couldn't remain quiet.

Its lesbians, women, gay men, and transexuals who will feel the full force of this nonsense when it finally implodes.

Ostrichnomore Thu 08-Feb-18 00:01:32

I'm obviously sheltered, I've come across bits and pieces, I've heard rumours. But to see someone actually suggest to a person that they want to be raped? I can't even fathom how someone thinks like that...

Terftastic Thu 08-Feb-18 00:02:44

It's really horrible to read - these men hate us.

Years ago when I came across the cotton ceiling thing (thanks to MN) I thought - that's just a few loons. But it seems there are a lot of these loons about, and they actually have the ear of people able to change things - like education in schools, legislation of the GRA etc.

They will use actual violence against us - and they relish it. See Hyde Park Corner. That's just the beginning.

The 100yrs thing yesterday - there were (a few) reports on the violence shown to both the suffragists and the suffragettes. It made me think of what we are up against now - 100 years later - still the same shit - men trying to control us using violence.

blueletter Thu 08-Feb-18 00:03:17

Its common OP. I was having a debate on twitter and I've had random men tell me to get raped.

Ostrichnomore Thu 08-Feb-18 00:08:21

blueletter I've had similar from so called "cis" men. I do not understand how someone purporting to be a woman can say this to a woman.

I'm tempted to tweet it to India but it would only be defended.

thebewilderness Thu 08-Feb-18 02:12:10

"Women have very little idea how much men hate them."-Germaine Greer

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Thu 08-Feb-18 02:21:12

Yeah this really is standard for TRAs. Lesbians do get the worst of it, but I have had a couple of rape threats, a lot of threats of violence and 2 death threats, just off posting stuff on twitter. I tend to retweet stuff too rather than actually post myself.

twitter.com/cchloereed

Seriously, I never ever post abuse or anything awful. I cannot see what I have done to deserve it at all. If I had been tweeting horrible things then I could understand it more, though I dont think anyone ever deserves threats of rape and violence, especially for simply tweeting.

AngryAttackKittens Thu 08-Feb-18 02:21:46

The sad thing is that this isn't particularly unusual. It happens all the time. There are Tumblrs full of this shit. Search Tumblr for "awesome trans gals" if you don't believe me.

Juzza12 Thu 08-Feb-18 02:51:47

Www.terfisaslur.com There was a Twitter account for this site, all it was doing was retweeting abuse and posting screenshots of abuse. It has been suspended, strange eh.

thebewilderness Thu 08-Feb-18 03:43:10

Rape threats are the way men have silenced women for time out of mind.

CircleSquareCircleSquare Thu 08-Feb-18 04:46:06

Wow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now