Talk

Advanced search

£2.5m for womens equality

(4 Posts)
CallMeAstroTerf Wed 07-Feb-18 10:31:14

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-announces-details-of-25-million-to-celebrate-centenary-of-suffrage

This looks like a positive thing!

The cynic in me wonders if its a political point-scoring thing, and how soon will some of that cash be used for educating people about trans inclusivity in womens spaces. All those big pressure groups who consulted on Maria Miller's bill will be applying for grants to further their agendahmm
Please reassure me that this wont happen!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Wed 07-Feb-18 17:13:54

I'm sorry to turn this into a trans thread on the 2nd post blush but I wonder how they are defining woman?

InaConfusedState Wed 07-Feb-18 17:34:08

I think it’s a given that ‘women’ will include transwomen without a GRC, given the way varoous organisations seem determined to pre-empt the proposed GRA changes.

Does funding distribution have to be to objective criteria? Is there any way of finding out what that objective criteria is?

CallMeAstroTerf Wed 07-Feb-18 17:38:00

I didn't want to posit it as a trans thread smile It also concerns me that it will be all people who are born or identify as women.

Maybe we should all write to Amber Rudd's office to ask her about grant criteria?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: