Talk

Advanced search

Oh dear.... a Labour party canvasser has just knocked on my door......

(44 Posts)
rowdywoman1 Tue 06-Feb-18 18:54:45

I told him...... politely but very assertively.
He didn't have a clue - other than to tell me that some people believe that they were born in the wrong body. I told him that I believed the earth was flat and please would he arrange to have all the laws changed to shorten roads so that we don't fall off at the horizon.

He backed away .......

I have become 'one of those people' .... sigh.....

UpstartCrow Tue 06-Feb-18 18:59:42

I need a one sentence sound bite to respond to 'some people believe they are born in the wrong body' so I dont just shout Fuck Off.

How about;
'Your right to your beliefs about a penis being female ends at my right to a women only hospital ward'.

rowdywoman1 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:01:15

I was totally unprepared - so I suspect I sounded unhinged. blush
He really wanted to talk about local issues.....

rowdywoman1 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:02:19

I like that upstart
Maybe I ought to chase them down the road and be coherent...

Myunicornfliessideways Tue 06-Feb-18 19:05:04

I'm dying for one to knock on mine; they'll get an earful and a half. I am so stealing upstarts response.

MyOwnShed Tue 06-Feb-18 19:05:57

I'm going to start an urban myth that Labour canvassers carry a piece of red chalk with them for householders like you, if you look tomorrow you'll see a red mark on your doorframe to warn the others grin

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Tue 06-Feb-18 19:06:04

You need to invite them iiiiiiin

Then go all Papa Lazou on them

ShotsFired Tue 06-Feb-18 19:06:07

I dream of being doorknocked by a Labour guy. Sadly the only local Labour chap is nowt more than a tiresome robot keyboard warrior who posts nothing that isn't essentially "yeah but look at those mean tories, they're worse" - WHATEVER the topic (and even if not true, say, electing women as party leaders!)

And the Conservative guy managed to increase his majority after 4 disastrous years of locl blue rule. So he doesn't bother either.

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Tue 06-Feb-18 19:06:55

Wooooooooooooo

UpstartCrow Tue 06-Feb-18 19:08:54

MyOwnShed If any bastard draws a cock and balls on my door frame I'm letting the dogs loose.

MyOwnShed Tue 06-Feb-18 19:10:59

That sounds fair and proportionate.

Flomper Tue 06-Feb-18 19:13:30

Can someome summarise, in a nutshell, why feminists can no longer vote labour die to there gender policies for me please so I can be prepared for when they knock

rowdywoman1 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:13:32

You're making me feel better. grin

It's the first time (and now the last) time they've ever knocked. He was so bloody polite and then very taken aback. He's obviously never thought about it so maybe he'll go away and wonder why thatderangedwoman who's voted labour for decades won't be any more.

Off to check the gate post for signs

Justabunchofcunts Tue 06-Feb-18 19:15:36

Upstart, I would ask if they are proposing any man can say he's a woman, how they can tell what his intentions are.

MyOwnShed Tue 06-Feb-18 19:23:06

We have some local elections round our way later this year. I have a warm up question for any poor souls that knock of why there are no female candidates, then I intend to move onto self id. Then maybe misogyny in politics in general. Quite looking forward to it.

Srumtish Tue 06-Feb-18 19:28:52

So was he unaware that "some people are born in the wrong body" is transphobic then?

rowdywoman1 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:36:31

Srumtish
I haven't kept up with that? Why is it transphobic ? Although as anything said by anyone can be defined as 'transphobic' if someone decides it is, that doesn't surprise me.

Terftastic Tue 06-Feb-18 19:36:55

I have never had a labour candidate knock on my door. I live in Michael Fallon's constituency though....

I would have no qualms about talking about penises in female spaces - and then watch them back away grin

I would also try to find a way to call them a transphobe. It's pretty easy - most things are transphobic nowadays.

DickTERFin Tue 06-Feb-18 19:37:49

AssignedPuuuurfect

YY - Call them Dave and speak gobbledygook to them "Umbanga golugu teeeka, eh?".

Won't change their minds about ID politics but it'd be hilarious and will stop them EVER darkening your door again.

UpstartCrow Tue 06-Feb-18 19:38:53

I think because the feminist stance is 'we are all born in the right body' they decided they had to counter it. So their latest claim is they dont need surgery because that there penis is a lady penis, if its privileged owner decrees it as such.

AndhowcouldIeverrefuse Tue 06-Feb-18 19:40:33

Oh dear OP grin

SmurfOrTerf Tue 06-Feb-18 19:42:40

A poor labour guy knocked on my door before the election. I had a good rant an out not being able to vote for the unholy trinity. He said he'd had a similar reaction from lots of people

ForagingForFaerieGold Tue 06-Feb-18 19:44:19

I actually like your response. It makes about as much sense as what they're spouting and expecting us to believe.
I'd probably just say "No debate, no vote" and shut the door. But I'm very grumpy.

rowdywoman1 Tue 06-Feb-18 19:45:49

I don't think mine had ever had anyone ranting about women's identity and language being eradicated - judging by his reaction - fumbling to open the gate and get away without seeming rude grin

misscockerspaniel Tue 06-Feb-18 19:57:32

Try asking for their views on autogynephilia

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: