#itsallgoingpeaktrans

(138 Posts)
iamawoman Sun 04-Feb-18 20:45:41

Just wanted to say that😀

Ekphrasis Sun 04-Feb-18 20:47:31

<hands out pieces of toblerone>

I've never seen this board so busy!

SmurfOrTerf Sun 04-Feb-18 20:50:18

I didn't realise that MN had so many staff working on a Sunday night !

TallulahWaitingInTheRain Sun 04-Feb-18 21:23:03

How many more fucking mountains are these people going to make me climb? I'm exhausted.

<munches toblerone gratefully>

brizzledrizzle Sun 04-Feb-18 21:25:06

I bloody well hope it has.

hipsterfun Sun 04-Feb-18 21:26:17

Pull yourself together, Tallulah, or I’ll be forced to break open the Kendal Mint Cake.

MissJaySays Sun 04-Feb-18 21:56:36

Without the incredible posters from the feminism board I would still be entirely in the dark about these issues.

I don't understand how more people aren't on board with it, I'm going to tell everybody who will listen. I wish I understood a little better about the ins and outs, but feel I know enough to spread the general idea in a concise on understandable way.

Thank you to all of the informative posters who have spent time explaining things to my little pea brain, you are all amazing beyond words!smile

SleepFreeZone Sun 04-Feb-18 21:57:33

#peaktrans here too

Flumpernickel Sun 04-Feb-18 21:59:18

100% #Peaked today....

Beansonapost Sun 04-Feb-18 22:14:07

I've been peak!

My DH is peaking as well 😬!

PositivelyPERF Sun 04-Feb-18 22:18:35

You’re all a bunch of selfish bloody women! You never ever think of the victimised amongst us! Oh no, it’s a case if I’m alright and tough luck to you. I’m feeling literally murdered by your selfish behaviour. What about the poor women on here that can’t eat dairy! Where my dark chocolate? 😢

TheLastMermaid Sun 04-Feb-18 22:18:48

Been peaking myself recently, meaning to join in these increasingly busy boards for a while now. Toblerone's a bonus! Thankyou Ekphrasis 😊

HomeTerf Sun 04-Feb-18 22:20:06

I was decorating the spare room today (sounds like a euphemism but isn't) and caught That Thread when I stopped for a cup of tea mid afternoon. By the time I'd finished up in the evening it was gone, but it had been in my head during the intervening time and the anger is now painted into my walls.

The silver lining is that the liberal-leftie friends I almost fell out with a couple of weeks ago must be starting to see what the problem is...

PositivelyPERF Sun 04-Feb-18 22:23:30

P.s I’m so fucking peaked you could stick a flag on me as I’m sitting higher than mount Kilimanjaro.

Canklesofglitter Sun 04-Feb-18 22:25:29

Peaked some time ago but have been lurking and learning. DH now peaked.

AgonyBeetle Sun 04-Feb-18 22:43:31

Without going the full TAAT, can someone fill me in on what happened today? I was busy with RL. confused

hipsterfun Sun 04-Feb-18 22:55:38

Some bloke called Mike said his TIM friend spent the day crying because we are all meanies. I think that was about the size of it.

AgonyBeetle Sun 04-Feb-18 23:01:09

Ah. Shame. hmm

Hidingtonothing Sun 04-Feb-18 23:02:38

I've been peaking almost daily for a while now, DH is a little behind but not by much. Bit worried about the amount I find myself trying to leverage it into conversation, there's a fine line between spreading the word and folk avoiding me like a Forever Living evangelist blush

ExFunFeminist Sun 04-Feb-18 23:05:59

It was obvious that there was no friend, it was a goady thread.

AssignedPuuurfectAtBirth Sun 04-Feb-18 23:07:30

Yes that and a TIM attacked Rose McGowan while she was giving a talk about her book, asking why she wasn't talking about transwomen

That would have been bad enough, but turns out the dude is a bit of a perv.

But that still makes Rose a bigot. Or something.

I so wish she would come on here. She would have so much support.
Rose, if you are reading, I so admire you xxxx

hipsterfun Sun 04-Feb-18 23:08:20

We should adapt that model to mop up the credulous (I was credulous myself until fairly recently, though not to FL levels grin).

IHeartKingThistle Sun 04-Feb-18 23:10:34

Peaked yesterday at the shouting in the bookshop. My head just about exploded at 'I have been followed home.'

Fucking hashtag me too.

hipsterfun Sun 04-Feb-18 23:16:24

I’m sorry that Rose McGowan (I don’t really know who she is, or the full story - will Google now) had to endure it, but that episode was a gift in illustrating the nature of the problem.

Wishforsnow Sun 04-Feb-18 23:26:18

I rarely post on this website and just read threads. I have totally peaked on the trans issue. Why are so many pandering to such a miniscule minority of men who still have their penis intact stating they are women? Luckily I have never heard cis in real life as I would be extremely offended. I have seen all these posts as they show up in active and I think you are all doing an amazing job to highlight all the frankly horrendous issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now