Talk

Advanced search

Level complete- change sex

(25 Posts)
QuentinSummers Sat 16-Dec-17 22:57:21

I don't even know what to say but I thought this was an interesting insight into the thoughts of some trans people.
This person has had sec reassignment surgery and equated it to a computer game.
Being a woman is not a game.
Oh, they also think they can have PMS. Screenshot in case link is deleted

WTAFisthisshit Sat 16-Dec-17 23:03:42

I saw one earlier that thought that transwoman could have periods without bleeding and that that was just like other woman because you only bleed on your period if you've had a baby out your 'vag'. Hold on I'll try and find it.

ladyballs Sat 16-Dec-17 23:06:38

shock

RJnomore1 Sat 16-Dec-17 23:08:18

Wtf are medics doing when they're not explaining the basics of female biology to trans women? 😮

WTAFisthisshit Sat 16-Dec-17 23:09:45

Here you go, I've just shot these so someone who knows what they're doing should be able to link.

Nyx1 Sat 16-Dec-17 23:18:34

In fairness this Tweeter does say they understand that they are not altered at chromosomes level and says that reassignment surgery is as far as they can go.

Also appears to be MRA though.

SpartonDregs Sat 16-Dec-17 23:23:39

PMS symptoms from a man who says he has already had his penis removed.

WichBitchHarpyTerfThatsMe Sun 17-Dec-17 00:00:04

FFS!

OlennasWimple Sun 17-Dec-17 00:05:49

Of course we all know that periods aren't just for vaginas! Get with the programme folks!

QuentinSummers Sun 17-Dec-17 09:16:32

Gosh this is really upsetting.
Firstly changing sex is just like unlocking a new suit on a computer game. I just find it totally offensive to have womanhood/my body equated to a virtual thing.
Then a whole article implying not only do TW have periods but they are worse. Fuck off.
I don't know what they do have but with a steady level of artificial sex hormones and no internal female genitalia, it's not a period. Maybe IBS?

reallybadidea Sun 17-Dec-17 09:21:00

Interesting that one of the transactivists refers to 'bio women'. I thought transwomen were bio women?! Seems like they can't even get their own terminology straight themselves hmm

reallyanotherone Sun 17-Dec-17 09:23:09

How do they have cramps? Cramping is from the uterus contracting. No uterus, no cramps.

Unless they are taking a cyclical pattern of hormones how does it work?

Or is it evidence that pms doesn’t exist as a medical condition, it’s a psychological one?

flimp Sun 17-Dec-17 09:24:04

to be fair, that 'achievement unlocked' thing is a popular internet meme which is used across lots of scenarios. It's not necessarily a comment on womanhood being a computer game. More about life as computer game.

But the rest of it is utter batshit.

Achievement unlocked memes

SpartonDregs Sun 17-Dec-17 09:30:57

It is utterly mindblowingly stupid. 'I want to position myself as such a victim I want to pretend to have bad period pains even though I have no uterus'...when actual real women are they ones with the actual real pain and having to pay fucking tax on the products to deal with it.

I mean - do people actually believe this and think 'poor men, having periods and all as soon as they think they are women', what can we do to help them' or 'perhaps women are making it all up, if men can have period pains/periods just thinking they are women, surely women can stop period pains/periods by thinking they are men'?

RJnomore1 Sun 17-Dec-17 09:56:32

Does anyone know enough about the hormones given to state with certainty they are steady and not cyclical?

Because if so the fact they are making people ill surely deserves some sort of medical investigations?

SpartonDregs Sun 17-Dec-17 10:03:20

Because if so the fact they are making people ill surely deserves some sort of medical investigations?

It cannot conjure up periods or period pains with no uteruses can it?

But I like your angle, I'll point out that if it is making them ill, then the hormones are maybe not the right treatment.

RJnomore1 Sun 17-Dec-17 10:04:28

No not period pain - but it's causing pain, gastrointestinal upset, swelling, mental health issues - and no one is checking it out???

QuentinSummers Sun 17-Dec-17 10:14:24

Yes quite rj excellent point.

whoputthecatout Sun 17-Dec-17 12:03:37

How long will it be before some TA is claiming to have endometriosis?

RJnomore1 Sun 17-Dec-17 12:43:01

When do they hit menopause?

I'm being serious. We don't get HRT indefinitely. I'm seeing some proper medical ethical issues here. Has there been any long term studies on the effects of oestrogen and/or oestrogen withdrawal on an essentially male body?

OlennasWimple Sun 17-Dec-17 15:57:11

Has there been any long term studies on the effects of oestrogen and/or oestrogen withdrawal on an essentially male body?

I doubt it very much. And it will be even harder in the future if medical records are amended so that it is not straightforward to extract and analyse data about men and women.

I would bet that any concerns about this would be dismissed as "medical gate-keeping" in any case...

MissMoneyPlant Sun 17-Dec-17 21:34:06

RJ Does anyone know enough about the hormones given to state with certainty they are steady and not cyclical?

I can't state with certainty but read something on a TiMs blog (FWIW I think it was someone with gender dysphoria) about them being able to choose to cycle the hormones. If so, the emotional symptoms would make sense, I guess certain physical ones too. Though I can't fathom why you wouldn't just work out the best, most clear-headed and productive time of the month and keep the hormones at precisely that level...

rosy71 Tue 19-Dec-17 09:29:56

All these comments seem to show a complete lack of understanding of what it is to be female, rather than proving that it is possible to be "in the wrong body".

I think it's a really good point - if female hormones are making people ill, then surely there's something wrong there. I have also wondered what sort of hormones are given to people such as Caitlyn Jenner -who is in their 60s - women in their 60s do not have the same hormones as women in their 30s; just as men in their 60s and 30s are not the same.

Ekphrasis Tue 19-Dec-17 09:36:09

Although there's no way this is pms, I think I read somewhere that men get cyclical somethings, possibly monthly (fuzzy memory) defiantly annually. Maybe the hormones are mixing with a natural cycle and heightening it?

They can F off with the pms though.

Ekphrasis Tue 19-Dec-17 09:37:24

Definitely that should say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: