Talk

Advanced search

Transing the entire family

(18 Posts)
pisacake Sat 16-Dec-17 03:19:18

No, this is not The Onion

kjzz.org/content/579197/growing-transgender-arizona-family-transition

'Mason' is an 11-year-old girl but the family have decided she's a boy

'Joshua' is disabled (in a wheelchair, not clear why), and is a 13-year-old girl who they've decided is a boy.

Mom is now Daniel, and knows she is a man because 'makeup never felt right'

Mom has apparently been living under a rock, as had never heard the word 'transgender' until last year when Joshua wanted to join the Girl Scouts, and Mom heard the word for the first time.

It was then she realised her entire family was transgender:

“And when I finally looked it up, and I realized, ‘Oh my gosh, they’re trans, and I know it’s true – because I am, too, and it’s been my whole life"

"Soon after, Joshua came out as a trans girl. Mason came out as a trans boy. "

And Mommy knew she had to protect & support her kids, and what better way to do that then getting a job, sorry I mean going shopping in the men's section for her clothes:

"Daniel knew to protect and support his kids, he had to live as his authentic self, too. So he cut his hair and went shopping — in the men’s section."

Now 'Daniel' has a 'girlfriend', a 62-year-old trans-identified male called Shirley.

Now the reality of the situation is that 'Daniel' has spent years cooking for her family, while her 62-year-old male partner has experience with manual labour and what not, but because Shirley is 'really a woman', and Daniel is 'really a man', they have to perform their TRUE gender roles, because chainsaws are for men, cooking is a woman's job, and knowing about jewellery is for women.

And so "Shirley taught Daniel how to use a chainsaw. Daniel taught Shirley to memorize all the stones in her engagement ring, in case another woman asks. Daniel does the yard work. Shirley, the cooking."

Shirley & Daniel are a 'traditional' family, which means the MAN has to propose, while Shirley does the silly women's business of deciding on flower arrangements and other female fripperies.

"When Daniel & Shirley got engaged, Daniel did the asking - in front of their church. Shirley will be doing the wedding planning"

It's not clear why Mason is thought to be trans, but the article says " a man in jeans and a button-down shirt is helping his son pump up his bike tires.", so perhaps it's because bikes are for boys, just as wedding planning & cooking are for girls.

pisacake Sat 16-Dec-17 03:20:38

Sorry that should obviously read

"'Joshua' is disabled (in a wheelchair, not clear why), and is a 13-year-old boy who they've decided is a girl"

BrizzleDrizzle Sat 16-Dec-17 03:24:19

OK then biscuit - for them not you OP.

Battleax Sat 16-Dec-17 03:41:36

shock

ALittleBitOfButter Sat 16-Dec-17 04:05:26

Haven't read the article but does wheelchair = can't perform macho manual roles?

TinyRick Sat 16-Dec-17 04:38:58

But Trans is like, super rare!

/s

Coyoacan Sat 16-Dec-17 05:15:54

They're going to need to take out shares in a pharmaceutical company to finance all those hormones and surgeries.

hipsterfun Sat 16-Dec-17 11:49:40

That’s one way to reality TV stardom, I suppose.

Middleoftheroad Sat 16-Dec-17 11:52:55

I'm bored....

terfing Sat 16-Dec-17 12:40:31

I'm sure that they are hating all the attention this is bringing... hmm

PollyBanana Sat 16-Dec-17 12:46:27

They forgot to mention their pet who used to be a dog called Fido but is now a cat called Tiddles.
Fido realised that he was really a cat when he realised that sleeping all day , ignoring his owners and being able to put his hind leg behind his neck made him a cat

SlowlyShrinking Sat 16-Dec-17 12:47:14

It’s so small-minded. But apparently it’s those of us who think women can use chain saws and men can cook who are small-minded 😳

PollyBanana Sat 16-Dec-17 13:05:46

@SlowlyShrinking
This is what baffles me about this whole Gender Identity thing.
It is promoted as being inclusive and open minded whilst those like me are narrow minded bigots.
But I don't think I'm bigoted if I think it's fine for a man to wear a dress or a woman to use a chainsaw. Just accept that you are a dress wearing bloke, you're not a woman.
Isn't it more open minded to say we can like a behave however we like no matter what our genitals are?
I feel sorry for young people who are being brainwashed into thinking they belong in a different gender just because they don't "conform" to what society thinks a man is.
Be a feminine man.
Don't try to be a masculine woman

StiltonForDays Sat 16-Dec-17 13:09:23

Do they have a dog? I want to know whether Kaiser became Princess.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Sat 16-Dec-17 13:12:05

Sweet Jesus, what a gang of utter fame hungry loons hmm

pisacake Sat 16-Dec-17 13:15:01

I don't really know what to make of it tbh. Transmommy seems to be quite the activist (from his FB), but by the way transdaddy has it, transing the family was all him.

Maybe they are both loons.

pisacake Sat 16-Dec-17 13:16:13

"by the way transdaddy has it, transing the family was all her. "

even

breaking the English language is the worst thing trans activists have done

nauticant Sat 16-Dec-17 22:19:28

This is so bonkers I assumed it would be impossible to sum up. However, the essence has been brilliantly captured by PollyBanana:

They forgot to mention their pet who used to be a dog called Fido but is now a cat called Tiddles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now