Talk

Advanced search

What excuse can a man use for killing his wife?

(34 Posts)
Italiangreyhound Thu 14-Dec-17 17:59:29

What excuse can a man use for killing his wife?

uk.yahoo.com/news/bubbly-university-student-strangled-death-tinnitus-suffering-estranged-husband-killed-145034454.html

This article makes it sound like a medical condition drove this man mad and he then killed his wife and tried to kill her son.

How is this possible to report this now like this!

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 14-Dec-17 18:09:44

Fgs, you don't attempt family annihilation because you've got tinnitus. This man did it because he was a violent controlling misogynist. I would bet he would have done it anyway without the tinnitus.

Fekko Thu 14-Dec-17 18:13:54

Jesus my sister has had tinnitus for years. I'd better hide the carving knife at Christmas then.

EverythingEverywhere1234 Thu 14-Dec-17 18:21:15

It breaks my heart that in nigh on every article the man is straight out excused, such as in this case, or the woman blamed (she was cheating, he suspected her cheating, she was going to leave him) and again, his behaviour excused. It's horrendous.

Elendon Thu 14-Dec-17 18:30:41

She was a nag.

I found her in bed with someone else.

She had the fucking cheek to ask me for more money

She breathed

She put on weight

My, MY dinner was not ready when I got home

She got to be the superstar when giving birth

Bitch

StopHammerTime Thu 14-Dec-17 18:36:51

The same ones a woman can use for killing her husband.

StereophonicallyChallenged Thu 14-Dec-17 18:46:49

Pretty much any excuse he dreams up sadly, or so it seems to me sad

Afternooncatnap Thu 14-Dec-17 19:10:02

Sexfixiation

PricklyBall Thu 14-Dec-17 19:19:41

She existed.

Glowerglass Thu 14-Dec-17 19:51:26

Absolutely anything.

StealthPolarBear Thu 14-Dec-17 19:56:04

Well obviously any affair puts the man in role of tragic victim and the woman in the role of shameless hussy

RainyChristmasLights Thu 14-Dec-17 19:58:00

What exactly is 'unlawful killing' and how does it differ from 'murder'?

Utterly sickening. He'd been suffering terribly before 'tragedy struck'. Makes it sound like a tragic accident ffs.

TheBatPig Thu 14-Dec-17 21:19:13

That is horrific. And why mention the arseholes tinnitus? Other than an attempt to mitigate. I know a few people who suffer from tinnitus. No justification for murder. None at all. It's disgraceful reporting. Hateful against women

TheBatPig Thu 14-Dec-17 21:21:17

In fact it does give the impression that men's ears are worth equal to an actual life. Else they wouldn't have fucking mentioned it

Frequency Thu 14-Dec-17 21:24:32

I have tinnitus on and off my entire life. To date, I've never killed anyone. There's been times when I was sorely tempted, but I LTB instead, it seemed the more sensible option.

It's abhorrent that men are still allowed to get away with this.

honeysucklejasmine Thu 14-Dec-17 21:24:38

Yep, came here to post "literally anything" but I see that's been said already.

Italiangreyhound Fri 15-Dec-17 00:36:11

Thanks all, I am glad it is not just me. It is sickening.

Italiangreyhound Fri 15-Dec-17 00:39:32

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-42341177

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Fri 15-Dec-17 01:08:41

Ugh just vile.

It reminds me of this from last year
www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2016/sep/01/how-a-murdered-woman-became-invisible-in-the-coverage-of-her-death

Lots of “that poor man” and “he was so vulnerable” across the press at the time.

thecompletenonsequitur Fri 15-Dec-17 01:26:11

What exactly is 'unlawful killing' and how does it differ from 'murder'?

I think this is a Coronor's Court verdict. There is no one on trial for murder as he killid himself.

thecompletenonsequitur Fri 15-Dec-17 01:28:11

Tired. May not have explained that ^ well.

PricklyBall Fri 15-Dec-17 08:18:36

Ever since a man was cleared of rape using the defence that he fell penis first into her vagina (Independent article here) I have come to the conclusion that there is no pile of bullshit so self-evidently false that it cannot be successfully used as a defence in a UK court of law by a man who wants to get off with charges of harming or killing a woman.

Ereshkigal Fri 15-Dec-17 09:25:13

I have come to the conclusion that there is no pile of bullshit so self-evidently false that it cannot be successfully used as a defence in a UK court of law by a man who wants to get off with charges of harming or killing a woman.

YY.

AngelsSins Fri 15-Dec-17 18:30:21

You can slit your wife's threat from behind and still claim self defence:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4555314/Husband-slit-wife-s-throat-cleared-murder.html (Sorry for the DM link but it's one of the few that actually mentioned that it was from behind, which I think is pretty relevant personally....)

abouttimeforanotherone Fri 15-Dec-17 19:22:34

I used to know someone who tried to kill his wife when he found out about her affair. DH had several letters from him in jail, none of which showed any remorse whatsoever. She drove him to it apparently. All her fault he got charged with attempted murder because if she hadn't had an affair he wouldn't have done it would he? Still got out early on parole though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now