Talk

Advanced search

Scary - significant cuts to funding for women's refuges

(8 Posts)
PuffinsSitOnMuffins Sun 03-Dec-17 18:22:07

I can't see a thread on this and it looks really alarming - government planning to make local authorities (with budgets cut to the bone) responsible for funding women's refuges rather than ringfencing funding. Link to petition here, but writing to MPs directly would probably be more effective. you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-planned-changes-to-women-s-refuge-funding

jeaux90 Sun 03-Dec-17 18:25:45

Done

jeaux90 Sun 03-Dec-17 18:26:57

I'm making an appointment with my MP about the GRA issues anyway, will raise this too.

Betty185 Sun 03-Dec-17 20:34:12

Signed - Thanks for sharing.

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Sun 03-Dec-17 20:36:41

Done. I don't know how anyone can vote for these fuckers. How can anyone justify taking away sanctury for women fleeing abuse?

VerticalBlinds Sun 03-Dec-17 20:40:33

Kier Starmer was making a fuss about this.

It's an awful idea but I guess they'll do anything to cut the benefit bill. There was already all that stuff (ages ago) about bedroom tax and women who had panic rooms installed by the council.

My question at the time was it must be incredibly difficult to give the council enough evidence of risk to get them to spend the ££££ it takes to install a panic room so if there is as much evidence as that why isn't he in prison, but that wasn't the point of the story anyway.

I've signed.

Signed and shared.

Why do government hate women so much? Especially vulnerable women.
It’s a bloody disgrace.

ariellarose Mon 04-Dec-17 15:30:46

Signed.

When I was seeking refuge earlier this year I was asked if I could get away with four children to the isle of white, I live in London. The services are already at breaking point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now