Talk

Advanced search

Doxing on Twitter

(30 Posts)
MaryMaryQuiteLovely Sun 03-Dec-17 11:18:37

For any Gender Critical users of twitter, please be aware that an account is doxing women. It looks like they have infiltrated some FB accounts too. Please be safe

Evil bastards

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 03-Dec-17 11:29:55

I don't use any social media but poster @SirVixofVixHall has a separate thread about this- she thought her Twitter account might have been hacked.

MaryMaryQuiteLovely Sun 03-Dec-17 11:34:03

Thanks Lass, can you link?

DJBaggySmalls Sun 03-Dec-17 11:34:54

You can report up to 5 tweets (and there are plenty to choose from), then you can report the account.

Hacking attempts are constant, so use a strong password and block all widgets and apps in your settings.
Some of your email is visible so make sure you use a throwaway email address.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 03-Dec-17 11:37:02

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3101352-Twitter-security-issue-worried

This is Vixen's thread.

MaryMaryQuiteLovely Sun 03-Dec-17 11:44:51

Thanks Lass

DJ it's obvious from the tweets that this person has been given access to (presumably secret) FB groups

I don't do social media in my real name or with any personal details but even some pseud accounts have been doxed, I think from the FB access

AstraiaLiberty Sun 03-Dec-17 14:33:38

Twitter is really not responding well to this. There's an account which is linking women's Twitter pseudonyms to their real names in an effort to publicly name them as 'TERFS.' It has been reported numerous times by various people, and Twitter has confirmed that the account is in breach of their rules, but hasn't banned it or deleted any of the doxxing tweets. I don't understand why no action has been taken.

Natsku Sun 03-Dec-17 14:50:12

Just made my security settings a bit tighter but already use twitter as me rather than anonymously so not worried about being doxxed in that sense.

stitchglitched Sun 03-Dec-17 14:55:49

I deactivated twitter last week. Was 'outed' as somebody I'm not (although they later deleted the tweet) and referred to some kind of terf watch group. It just flaired up my anxiety and I got to the point where I couldn't sleep and kept checking my phone. Just haven't got the stomach for it all at the moment, I admire all those women who are carrying on.

DJBaggySmalls Sun 03-Dec-17 15:23:22

The account seems to have been deleted.

SirVixofVixHall Sun 03-Dec-17 15:52:03

I've just seen on Twitter that the account has been disabled, and also that it could be run by someone who has managed to get access to Janice Turner's facebook .

AstraiaLiberty Sun 03-Dec-17 23:52:25

It's back up again. confused

I just got an email stating: "Thank you for your recent report. We have reviewed your report carefully and found that there was no violation of the Twitter Rules against abusive behavior"

Doxxing women isn't abusive, apparently.

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Mon 04-Dec-17 00:01:40

Is there a link to the account. Or if putting it on here is too public, can someone PM me it. A bit worried as I tweet GC stuff and am hoping I haven't been 'outed' :S

That douchebag Tris Osbournes obsession with people revealing their own info is looking kind of sinister right now tbh

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Mon 04-Dec-17 00:53:03

Have been sent it now. Thanks. Absolutely shocking that twitter are doing nothing bout it like. Absolutly disgraceful. And people wonder why many of us need to hide behind anonymous accounts to speak about this?

Datun Mon 04-Dec-17 07:35:19

From what I can gather, they deactivate the account themselves to make people think it’s gone and to stop people looking and reporting it. Then when the heat’s off they reactivate it.

Or, if they do get the account deleted, they just set it up again under a slightly different name.

Because, you know, the determination to attack women is a typical symptom of gender dysphoria apparently.

I’m really struggling to understand how this blatant war on women is being ignored.

bambambini Mon 04-Dec-17 08:22:03

Anyone message me this teitter account please so i can have a look?

Datun Mon 04-Dec-17 08:33:41

bamb

mobile.twitter.com/terfdox

It’s gone for the moment.

TimbuktuTimbuktu Mon 04-Dec-17 08:41:56

Do we know what on Facebook is comprised?

bambambini Mon 04-Dec-17 08:44:04

Thanks Datun - had seen it mentioned on Twitter but had looked closer

BetsyM00 Mon 04-Dec-17 08:50:28

It was back up for a while, but with the specific tweets that link a real life name to a twitter handle removed. It's gone again for now but this might be more of the same - I reported a couple of new doxing tweets.

Datun Mon 04-Dec-17 08:58:52

On another site, I have seen screenshots of actual names of women. Being outed and doxxed.

TimbuktuTimbuktu Wed 06-Dec-17 11:50:53

The doxers have been doxed themselves by Mayday4women.

One of them identifies as a lion.

JessicaEccles Wed 06-Dec-17 13:23:16

One of them identifies as a lion

The Cowardly Lion, presumably grin

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Wed 06-Dec-17 14:49:47

Where have the names on the list doing the rounds on Twitter come from? They cite MN, have those PMs been compromised or is that a separate part and the other names are “just” those they could gather from twitter handles?

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Wed 06-Dec-17 15:08:18

From here?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3101669-A-Spartacus-letter-re-Jo-Cox-Leadership?msgid=73868940

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: