Talk

Advanced search

fawcett society

(12 Posts)
CertainHalfDesertedStreets Fri 01-Dec-17 19:23:43

Does anyone know what their position is on gen crit stuff?

I have looked but I obviously don't read too well because I can't work it out I do read well but it's very opaque

Anyone know? Before I blow the Christmas budget on humorous feminist merchandise. smile

www.fawcettsociety.org.uk/fawcetts-position-on-gender-identity

TomOfBedlam Fri 01-Dec-17 20:21:40

They asked a fucking idiotic question didn't they?

They can't claim to understand the difference between sex and gender if they then ask the public questions that conflate the two! Or at least they can't understand the importance of the difference.

Fuck sake.

CertainHalfDesertedStreets Fri 01-Dec-17 20:23:00

That too. I just find it weird that it says -

This is our position:

We asked some questions.
The end.

TomOfBedlam Fri 01-Dec-17 20:23:05

Oh and to answer your question.... it's opaque. I read well and am pretty good at deciphering "estate agent speak" but that statement is not exactly informative or decisive!

ftw Fri 01-Dec-17 20:24:30

I suspect it’s not entirely unintentional that it’s, um, unclear.

TomOfBedlam Fri 01-Dec-17 20:24:45

Also why mention the questions they asked the public if they're not going to share the response and how it's shaped their policy confused

RebelRogue Fri 01-Dec-17 20:27:32

Depends exactly how inclusive they see feminism as...

LineysRunner Fri 01-Dec-17 20:27:45

They should have just let the first paragraph stand alone.

The questions to the public are very confused.

CertainHalfDesertedStreets Fri 01-Dec-17 20:32:50

I suppose the fact that it's clearly deliberately a bit vagued up hives me hope for them. As does the focus on biological sex.

I suppose I just wondered if anyone here had any insider knowledge or could translate (beyond 'please leave us alone TRAs we really don't want a big shout fight with you and OJ')

BahHumbygge Fri 01-Dec-17 20:40:03

I remember seeing an exchange on FB between gender crit feminists & Devon Fawcett society that didn't end well for the latter... they ended up getting tied in logical knots and sounding badly advised.

misscockerspaniel Fri 01-Dec-17 20:48:28

www.pinknews.co.uk/2016/01/14/almost-half-of-britons-believe-gender-is-non-binary-,-reveals-poll

irretating Fri 01-Dec-17 21:05:08

Oooh, the old ''let's carefully word the questions to give us the answers we want''.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: