Advanced search

Tris Osbourne

(249 Posts)
FattyCat Wed 29-Nov-17 15:00:57

Dear God. I am actually lost for words.

FattyCat Wed 29-Nov-17 15:02:32

twitter.com/cllrtrisosborne/status/935639394018578433

Elendon Wed 29-Nov-17 15:09:05

Perhaps this can also be a continuation of this thread?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3091663-lily-madigan-tim-elected-labour-women-s-officer

Because I'm awaiting some updates.

Elendon Wed 29-Nov-17 15:11:03

Also kudos to Frances Barber.

nauticant Wed 29-Nov-17 15:18:35

Ah, it looks like he protected his tweets for half a day to purge all of the problematic stuff to make things all nice and clean.

Actually, thinking about it, there were no other tweets. He tweeted almost nothing last night. That's simply a false memory.

How up to date the new and improved Left is looking these days!

BelaLugosisShed Wed 29-Nov-17 15:19:31

We need famous people with tens of thousands of followers onside to call out all this bullshit, someone untouchable, like David Attenborough would be wonderful.
You would think Professor Alice Roberts and other high Profile scientists would be all over this for the fake science alone!
The person I’m most disappointed with though is MP Sarah Champion, I honestly thought she would be the last woman to fall in with the Transcult. sad

nauticant Wed 29-Nov-17 15:23:57

Actually I got that wrong, there's still loads under "Tweets and replies".

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Wed 29-Nov-17 15:27:20

What a knob. I was arguing with him a few days back, I asked him to define woman and he just waffled on and on about nothing after asking if it was a rthetorical question?!

Now he seems to have shown exactly why he supports trans-identified males taking womens places, so I guess he has stopped pretending and just let the misogyny flow au naturale. Not sure if I preferred the pussyfooting he was doing or this outright sneering at women tbh

pisacake Wed 29-Nov-17 15:30:04

he's whining that his politically correct views have his name on it so why won't the nasty TERF women let him know theirs

pisacake Wed 29-Nov-17 15:31:13

One of Lily's handmaidens:

twitter.com/PieDalton/with_replies

RedToothBrush Wed 29-Nov-17 15:52:29

'You lose'.

Interesting turn of phrase.

You see in a democracy is an ongoing discussion where there is no 'winners' or 'losers' as such. Just a debate where the consensus moves over time.

There are two other common use of 'You lost' at the moment in politics too. The first is over the referendum. Again its a way of trying to close down debate by saying we've already had it.

The other is the Orange Racist who says losers a lot.

In all these cases its about avoiding accountability and its anti-democratic authoritarian bollocks.

Why is a party representative calling the public losers in any situation? In a democracy, they should not. Even in the most justified of cases.

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Wed 29-Nov-17 15:53:05

He appears to be trying to get 'terfs' to out themselves on twitter. Why, so they can be threatened into silence? Does he not realize why so many feel they have to be anonymous to start with?

Thegirlinthefireplace Wed 29-Nov-17 15:55:27

Has Jk Rowling ever waded in? She strikes me as intelligent, has loads of followers, isn't usually scared to speK her mind and usually promotes feminism...

Thegirlinthefireplace Wed 29-Nov-17 15:56:01

*speak her mind

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 29-Nov-17 16:00:38

Bloody hell he literally answers no questions just goes on and on about not providing names shock

SelmaAndJubjub Wed 29-Nov-17 16:03:19

These were in response to people who had tweeted about his support for Lily.

Lancelottie Wed 29-Nov-17 16:13:46

I think it could be time for mass MN identification as male, and then a mass posting to Tris under our genuine (if temporary and not legally recognised) identities.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 29-Nov-17 16:16:53

Don't forget to use your name or he will just avoid the question hmm

FattyCat Wed 29-Nov-17 16:20:08

I feel sick.

I was a young Labour member at 16. Only once have I voted for another party, and that was strategic to stop the Tories.

I was so excited when Corbyn got in, voted for him in both leadership elections.

The misogyny towards Diane Abbott should have been a huge red flag. I was an idiot and thought it was a blip.

And then there was Linda Bellos. And then there was a man called Liam, who had basically been Lilly for six months. Not taking hormones, not had any surgery, and he now speaks for lesbians like me who have faced a lifetime of sexism and homophobia.

And lets not get started on his lovely mate Adri who is basically a rape apologist.

I had some hope that this must turn the tide and the left would realise what they were doing to women, and that they would loose loads of votes.

Then Tris.

They don't care. Labour don't want our votes. Labour hate women.

I have funded this party for 36 years.

I actually would suck a cock before I gave anymore money to Labour.

They can lick my lesbian asshole

OlennasWimple Wed 29-Nov-17 16:38:36

Is Tris so dumb that he doesn't realise that anyone can claim to be anyone online? hmm

And yy, OP. I share your disillusion with the LP. Though have you considered lesbian dick? It's female because it's attached to someone who is and always has been female wink

Sentimentallentil Wed 29-Nov-17 16:40:49

I find it unbelievable that he can’t see why a woman might want to stay anonymous in this, he should be fighting to guarantee the safety of people who want a reasonable debate.
The fact that he can’t understand this shows he is the exact person who shouldn’t be speaking on behalf of women.
What a total twat.

FattyCat Wed 29-Nov-17 16:41:56

OleannasWimple,

Ta for giving me a laff

The whole thing would be funny if it wasn't true

Lancelottie Wed 29-Nov-17 16:42:18

Okeydokey, Tris thingy, you guarantee my safety (physical, economic and work-related) and I'll happily give you my real name.

Till then... nope. Because for some reason, women are more vulnerable to attack over these things than men seem to be.

pisacake Wed 29-Nov-17 16:42:49

Pink News is on the case saying that this letter is a rebuke from the Jo Cox Leadership Scheme www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/11/29/jo-cox-womens-leadership-scheme-rebukes-the-times-over-attacks-on-transgender-teen/

That's not apparently the case - rather this is women who have been on the scheme, including obviously Anna Lee, who is not even a women.

Someone in the comments says

"What's more funny is, Lily actually hadn't applied to this originally, but after the Times and the TERFs had a total meltdown, she decided to do it.

So congratulations, TERFs. You just created your own worst nightmare. ;-)"

Just constant lies.

Lancelottie Wed 29-Nov-17 16:43:27

Cross post with SentimentalLentil to say essentially the same thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now