Talk

Advanced search

Why won't trans activists and allies debate gender critical feminists?

(12 Posts)
ALittleBitOfButter Tue 28-Nov-17 05:34:55

Somehow I stumbled upon this charming checklist. It shows the extent of misinformation about so-called 'TERFS' (otherwise known as gender critical feminists).

It particularly reveals why there is an absolute barrier to reasonable discussion and debate.

It could be summarised as: Burn the witches!

ALittleBitOfButter Tue 28-Nov-17 05:35:22

Ooh and the link would be helpful, wouldn't it?

transadvocate.com/you-might-be-a-terf-if_n_10226.htm

DoctorTwo Tue 28-Nov-17 09:17:15

According to that list I'm a TERF ally. I'll wear that badge proudly.

ALittleBitOfButter Tue 28-Nov-17 09:31:55

It's mixed up the reasonable points with ones that make TERFs sound deranged and nasty. From reading it you are left with the feeling that TERFs have abandoned the left and its ideas of compassion and solidarity.

No wonder the ploppers are so misinformed and accuse us of all sorts of inaccurate stuff.

MephistophelesApprentice Tue 28-Nov-17 09:33:42

They regard you the way you regard MRAs.

ALittleBitOfButter Tue 28-Nov-17 09:34:48

I'm also left with the idea that the title 'you might be a terf if...' is actually about correcting women who are allies' natural instincts. Women who are allies have had to make an effort to train themselves to believe the impossible. This is a checklist to make sure you are fully brainwashed, and checking if there is anything left in your mind which might contravene Trans Dogma. I wonder how many libfems read it with fear in their hearts that they may not have fully rid themselves of 'transphobia'.

ALittleBitOfButter Tue 28-Nov-17 09:38:58

Have the MRAs abandoned the left?

ArcheryAnnie Tue 28-Nov-17 10:00:43

That list is an absolute weasel list of strawmen and outright lies, mixed in with a tiny handful of true things.

In related news, Cristan Williams is a lying dick.

TheGoalIsToStayOutOfTheHole Thu 30-Nov-17 12:26:31

Because they have no arguments. Their side relies solely on emotion..not actual facts. There is a reason their tagline is 'nodebate'. As soon as people think just a tiny bit into it all, the TRAs argument falls apart.

And that list is silly.

Datun Thu 30-Nov-17 12:32:15

Because they will instantly lose a large percentage of their audience with the denial of biology.

Then they will lose a further percentage who know exactly what men can be like and why they may want to access women.

Plus the sports thing.

That’s before women even put across their argument.

Which could consist of, amongst other things:

Autogynephiles
Opportunistic chancers
Statistics regarding suicide, murders and prisoners
One-sided propaganda in schools
Demonstrable misogyny of activists
Untested hormones
and
Shutting down of debate

The only possible way they can convince an audience is if it is a monologue.

MakeMisogynyAHateCrime Thu 30-Nov-17 18:36:20

They don't debate because their ideology and rhetoric doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Some people say these boards are an echo chamber but compared to the TRA communities who have block lists that run into the tens of thousands so they don't hear a single whiff of a dissenting voice this place is free and easy. On these boards you see people reach peak trans daily because free speech on the topic is allowed. When you continually shut down people with opposing opinions you lose the ability or reasoning to debate properly. They are blind.

Datun Thu 30-Nov-17 18:45:30

*MakeMisogynyAHateCrime^

Absolutely.

I will debate this, in public, on the telly, until the cows come home.

Because, although I have utter conviction, I do not rely on it. I can back it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now