Talk

Advanced search

Dan Jones Notebook Evening Standard

(9 Posts)
totalnamechanger Tue 14-Nov-17 16:59:01

Short and to the point piece 'it is one thing for parents to scratch their heads as they explain sexual politics and gender fluidity to their kids. It's quite another when educational policy and the laws governing public spaces are at stake and where the logical conclusion of an identity crisis is the scalpel.'

AssignedPerfectAtBirth Tue 14-Nov-17 17:08:57

Can you link?

totalnamechanger Tue 14-Nov-17 17:14:17

www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/dan-jones-the-trans-lobby-is-tiny-but-it-has-a-very-loud-voice-a3690746.html

Ereshkigal Tue 14-Nov-17 17:59:08

Pre-schools invite singing drag queens to alert infants to the battle with one’s chromosomes

I lolled at that grin

Stopmakingsense Tue 14-Nov-17 19:00:22

I really like that summary - punchy, easy to digest and the headline is unmistakably TRA critical. Good stuff.

FizzyWaterAndElderflower Tue 14-Nov-17 19:23:40

singing drag queens

God, I reckon my youngest would love that. He rather enjoys a bit of a swirl while belting out a tune, tutu optional.

As long as it's a drag queen, not a more sensitive transwoman, because lets face it, there's going to be a lot of pointing and loudly announcing things about men/dresses/hair/beard stubble/size/whatever - hell, there is when a conventionally dressed person presents themselves to 3 year olds, so a fascinating drag queen is going to be interrogated until he breaks!

Anlaf Tue 14-Nov-17 20:00:11

The standard is quite terfy, it seems:

www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/when-it-comes-to-gendered-toilets-i-m-with-the-girls-a3662796.html

www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/politicians-are-jumping-on-trans-bandwagon-without-thinking-a3663726.html

Even has a Gender tag
www.standard.co.uk/topic/gender

totalnamechanger Tue 14-Nov-17 20:08:18

Excellent hadn't noticed that before Anlaf being a part time worker smile Good because it will be read by people who wouldn't read DM or pay for The Times

Datun Thu 16-Nov-17 12:51:11

The sinister part of those drag queens going into nursery schools was that they were going there to teach the children about hate crimes. Specifically towards transpeople. And how to ensure you never commit one.

And since upholding biology is now deemed a hate crime, that’s the very definition of brainwashing.

It doesn’t help that one of the drag queens mentioned originally has a Twitter name called cherry poppin’.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now