Talk

Advanced search

Oh FFS Grace Dent

(6 Posts)
cuirderussie Tue 14-Nov-17 09:53:32

https://t.co/IHJRtSSo0F?amp=1

She has got it completely arseways on the trans issue and kids.

cuirderussie Tue 14-Nov-17 09:54:43

www.independent.co.uk/voices/trans-kids-schools-if-youre-angry-youre-wrong-a8052726.html?amp

Not sure if link works

SweetGrapes Tue 14-Nov-17 15:49:58

Has she? I read the church of E pieces here and there and the gist I got was that it was a bit 'let kids be kids and try whatever' rather than labelling them as soon as they reach for something different.
I just skimmed over it but it seemed all right to me.

cuirderussie Tue 14-Nov-17 15:56:16

She characterises the bullying of boys in tiaras as "transphobic" and talks about "trans kids". Now THAT is labelling. A boy in a tiara is just a boy in a tiara ffs. She doesn't get it.

AssassinatedBeauty Tue 14-Nov-17 16:21:21

She is clearly on board with the new realities of the trans agenda, with the comments about vaginas /= woman.

There is also this underlying idea that a child trying on a tiara is somehow pushing boundaries, rather than just dressing up and role playing. It doesn't make them "fabulous", it's just normal play. Boys can wear tiaras without being trans, gay or camp. Girls can wear a firefighter's uniform or tool belt without being trans, lesbian or a tomboy.

cuirderussie Tue 14-Nov-17 16:27:47

I know. My adult son had a brief phase of Barbies and wearing pigtails aged 3 or 4, it wasn't "fabulous" or camp or trans, he was just having a bit of a laugh. It is totally unremarkable for kids to dress up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now