Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TransCrimeUK

(7 Posts)
MillicentFawcett Tue 14-Nov-17 09:27:44

This came up on my twitter feed yesterday - someone has set up a website recording all the sexual/violent crime that's been committed by TIMs as a way of:
- demonstrating that they offend at the same rate as men
- recording how many of them declare when they've been convicted
- recording that crimes that are reported as being committed by women were actually committed by men.

Not had a really thorough readthrough but I think it's a really valuable exercise: transcrimeuk.com/

DJBaggySmalls Tue 14-Nov-17 09:53:07

Its a well thought out resource.
I would also like so see a victims database, along the lines of Counting Dead Women.

ArcheryAnnie Tue 14-Nov-17 12:40:09

Since we can't now trust the official records on which sex commits crime, or how it's reported in the press (variable), then I am so glad someone has sat down to do this.

pisacake Tue 14-Nov-17 13:58:57

it's a useful resource, but as there are no stats and no formal reporting, this will just be a small fraction of the actual total.

GuardianLions Tue 14-Nov-17 15:24:39

Great - but scary

pisacake Fri 17-Nov-17 20:53:06

They have been banned from Twitter.

Silenced by TRAs twitter.com/nlafanclub/status/930910623268872192

They reported them to the police as well.

Some of the TRA wankers felt that compiling crimes was illegal, even though they were all public news reports from the free press.

pisacake Sun 19-Nov-17 12:57:47

Today the Sunday Times shares the unsurprising news that most transgender criminals may be sex offenders. www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/up-to-half-of-trans-inmates-may-be-sex-offenders-26rz2crhs

DM version without paywall www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5097213/Half-trans-prisoners-sex-offenders.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now