Talk

Advanced search

Depressed a bit by lesbians and bi women coming out as homophobes.

(13 Posts)
ArcheryAnnie Mon 13-Nov-17 13:07:51

Just that, really. Grace Petrie is the latest. Lovely woman by all accounts, lovely singer. Bills herself as a feminist and a lesbian. Then comes out with this shite on twitter:

"Ultimately I think to reject an entire class of people as prospective partners is quite a weird idea. To reject an individual sexual partner is totally cool - but am highly incredulous that many transwomen would be trying to sleep with transphobic women."

Why call yourself a lesbian, then, if you think rejecting an entire class of people as prospective partners is a weird idea? I mean, if you are a lesbian saying it's a weird idea to exclude men, or a weird idea to not want dick, then you are just saying what a million homophobes have said before you, really.

And - when there is a ton of documented evidence of transwomen posting the most horrible rape fantasies and threats about and to gender-critical women - why call yourself a feminist when you are very publicly saying you don't believe women who tell you they have experienced this?

I'd got used to Ruth Hunt from Stonewall throwing other lesbians and bi women under the bus, but this latest one has upset me.

Anyway, thank god for Linda Bellos. Thank you, Linda!

ArcheryAnnie Mon 13-Nov-17 13:09:29

(And this is not to say I blame Grace Petrie any worse than I do the likes of Patrick Strudwick or Owen Jones. It's just I never expected Owen Jones or Patrick Strudwick to be on the side of women, so I am not disappointed when they are horrible about women, or disbelieve that women have been attacked.)

TheSmallClangerWhistlesAgain Mon 13-Nov-17 16:51:26

Lesbian sex does not involve dick.

If Grace Petrie is happy to date male-bodied people, that is fine and her business. It does suggest that she's actually bi, rather than lesbian, but again, that's fine and her own business.

Other lesbians will have different dating requirements, which are their private business. It is not for her to criticise or pry.

ArcheryAnnie Mon 13-Nov-17 17:01:09

Just had another look, and here is someone directly telling Grace that lesbians are pressured to have sex by transwomen, and here is Grace finding it "quite difficult to believe" that this ever happens.

So, she's not a feminist.

TheSmallClangerWhistlesAgain Mon 13-Nov-17 21:27:56

She's swallowed the Kool Aid, obviously.

BrandNewHouse Mon 13-Nov-17 21:41:19

Well I agree with her tweet that they don’t want relationships with them. Those TRans identifying males want their cocks serviced by lesbians by whatever means required.

ArcheryAnnie Tue 14-Nov-17 09:25:18

I've read heartbreaking accounts by young lesbians trying to "overcome" their reluctance to have sex with male-bodied people because they don't want to be bigots. There was one who wrote a public pledge not to have sex with any woman at all until she had "addressed" her aversion to dating transwomen.

It's so heartbreaking, that young lesbians are internalising the old, old story that they are bad and dirty and wrong if they don't like dick. And it's even worse to have this happen to you, and then be told by other "lesbians" that this isn't happening at all.

ArcheryAnnie Tue 14-Nov-17 18:51:58

> sigh <

Bethany Black is now weighing in. This is the same Bethany Black, "comedian" and actor, who when I saw doing stand-up only had two lines of "comedy":

- Bethany has a hot Swedish girlfriend so is a better and more successful lesbian than all other lesbians.
- those women who read women's lufestyle magazines and take them to heart, they're so stupid, right? Bethany wouldn't contemplate being taken in by such rubbish. (Possibly because Bethany was never a teenage girl told to treat these things as the bloody bible.)

I was not impressed.

AnotherQuoll Tue 14-Nov-17 18:55:25

Grace is the sort of person who fits perfectly as "Queer". She should claim that, forget about pretending to be lesbian, apologise for her arrogant and ignorant lesbophobic behaviour. Q can go play with T. LGB are sick of this abuse.

BatShite Wed 15-Nov-17 15:25:55

It actually makes me really angry to read shit like that. I have always been a huge supporter of gay rights, and to see everything going backwards at an alarming rate upsets me. Especially when I see how much support there seems to be for such homophobia..it seems there are a lot of people who have decided that being gay is indeed a choice rather than something you are just born. And that its a choice that people (lesbians, as this is rarely aimed at gay men) should just 'get over' so as to please the be-penised.

OneFlewOverTheDodosNest Wed 15-Nov-17 15:57:49

Oh good we're back to correctional rape and this time it's even endorsed by lesbians!

TheBatPig Wed 15-Nov-17 20:43:32

Heterosexual men
Trans women
Gay men
Heterosexual women
Trans men
Lesbians
Seems to be the hierarchy. As in what can this person do(or provide). I think most men I have spoken to don't believe bisexuality actually exists, though not said outright, just implied. Obviously as lesbians are not interested in men as sexual partners, they are written off and made invisible - as, a lesbian experience men being heterosexual men will never really encounter or if they do, it won't affect them adversely.

I know plenty of women who are bisexual or even lesbians but not out and most actively hiding it with male partners/husbands as they have kids and were expected to get married. Myself included.

Things like this only serve to quieten lesbian voices and opinions, and the sad fact is, it works. They know this, and it is exactly why the trans activists target lesbians and also women in general. Because we will be nice and polite, and therefore concede. I have seen many times cis women implored to take on dirty work at protests etc on behalf of trans women (as trans women are too persecuted and in danger to do so), the speakers corner event being one of them. Women are being played as fools by these certain kinds of men. Unfortunately some are falling for it.

ArcheryAnnie Mon 20-Nov-17 15:25:11

This is a very minor thing, but I honestly don't know what to do with the CDs I have of hers. I find it really difficult to enjoy the output of people I find personally and politically really disappointing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now