Talk

Advanced search

Polanski will not be charged over alleged Swiss rape of minor

(7 Posts)
Mumsnut Thu 09-Nov-17 21:06:38

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5062581/Swiss-prosecutors-rule-charges-new-Polanski-rape-claim.html

PricklyBall Thu 09-Nov-17 21:31:31

I wish all jurisdictions would abandon having statutes of limitation - ideally for all sexual offences, but especially for sexual abuse/rape of minors. It's obvious to anyone with half a brain that victims of underage sexual abuse often don't feel able to come forward until years, decades even, after the event. Their abusers should not get off on a technicality.

VerticalBlinds Thu 09-Nov-17 21:39:20

Four women/ girls. I had no idea there was more than 1 and that was bad enough.

Wonder what all the famous people who signed that thing in support of him have to say now? Whoopie " not rape rape" Goldberg is the only one I remember offhand but there were loads.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 10-Nov-17 01:25:25

Meryl Streep leading a standing ovation at an awards ceremony was an unedifying spectacle.

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 10-Nov-17 02:41:58

I wish all jurisdictions would abandon having statutes of limitation - ideally for all sexual offences, but especially for sexual abuse/rape of minors. I agree wholeheartedly.

Sarahjconnor Fri 10-Nov-17 10:26:32

Polanski is a monster. And absolute monster. Hes been defended by everyone and let's not forget he was at jack Nicholson and Angelica houstons house when he raped a 13 year old. They thought "nothing of it"

www.independent.co.uk/news/people/anjelica-huston-on-catching-roman-polanski-with-a-13-year-old-i-thought-nothing-of-it-9863814.html

There seems to be a problem with people understanding that horrific people can make good art, a psychopath can skill create something beautiful, why is this hard to understand?

And let's not forget the independent is now deleting articles relating the HW and his defence of RP:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3062478-This-interview-has-not-aged-well

I don't believe any of these rich men will be punished for their appalling crimes.

VerticalBlinds Fri 10-Nov-17 20:25:42

No I don't believe they will be punished either.

i think kevin spacey is done for as he attacked men and boys and so many of them

The others - as long as it's girls over about 12 or women - that's not a big deal.

I don't think me too will make any difference either we have had things like this before and everyone wrings their hands then it's back to business as usual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now