Talk

Advanced search

Miss Fisher's murder mysteries

(7 Posts)
Ava6 Wed 08-Nov-17 06:27:33

This TV show is an absolute feminist delight (and the book series it's adapted from). There's also a very good (and fun) podcast analysis of it on <themissphisherphiles.com>. Watch it, support it, help fund the upcoming movies (on Kickstarter). We desperately need more female-centric entertainment like this - it's been helping me keep my sanity lately.

Knusper Wed 08-Nov-17 06:47:12

Thanks for the tip. Will give it a go. What age is it suitable from?

FizzyWaterAndElderflower Wed 08-Nov-17 07:38:16

I'd say pretty young - I can't think there's any gore - my 7 year old was watching fine until someone chased someone and shot towards them, but he's really sensitive on this stuff (he can't even watch power rangers - finds it to distressing). My 4 year old isn't interested and didn't care at all about the same scene.

Perhaps fast forward through just to check - I think there's one that involves Egyptian mummies that might frighten kids.

ALittleBitOfButter Wed 08-Nov-17 09:04:33

There's a lot of sex and also a lot of bad acting from a Police Inspector.

It is great but the books are far better.

NeverEverAnythingEver Wed 08-Nov-17 12:06:33

I quite enjoy the books. I don't know how they are filming it but there's a fair bit of sex in the book. grin Where can I watch it?

Ava6 Sun 12-Nov-17 05:26:50

The sex is VERY tame in the show - it all cuts to before and after and there are far fewer seductions.

Which police inspector is guilty of bad acting? The 2 main ones are both pretty brilliant (Jack can do eye sex like no actor I've ever seen grin). Their acting is shaky in the first 4 eps but is great from there on.

Ava6 Sun 12-Nov-17 05:28:41

Phryne is the most liberated female character I've ever seen. She's a female Bond smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now