Talk

Advanced search

Man commits suicide following child abuse images conviction, transactivists contact police to demand comments be blocked on story

(8 Posts)
pisacake Tue 07-Nov-17 11:16:39

www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/gwentnews/15521072.Man_undergoing_sex_change_killed_himself_by_jumping_off_Newport_multi_storey_car_park___inquest/

"A court was told Nathan - who had begun to call himself Nat - was undergoing a sex change from a man into a woman at the time of his death.
His mother, Kay Bird, said her son suffered from "gender" issues and struggled with social situations. "

"Mrs Bird, from Newport said: "I last saw him in October last year when I went to his university to give him a mobile phone and we went for a meal together.
"He appeared to be in good spirits and progressing well with his studies and coursework." "

"Court records show that Bird appeared in Cardiff Crown Court on November 21 last year and pleaded guilty to several charges. "

So the trans activists respond by asking the police and newspaper to turn off comments. twitter.com/RainbowNewport/status/905777031299915776

Mr. Bird had an autistic spectrum disorder (no surprises there either).

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/teenager-took-life-hours-after-13582531

The trans activists haven't forgotten that a man known to his own mother as 'him' was so wilfully misgendered, and are complaining about it here, saying that the paper is too transphobic to be allowed to report on trans issues:

www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/15643784.MP_says_gender_reform_plans_should_be_treated_with__extreme_caution_/

This is a report on David Davies transgender panel with Miranda Yardley, Stephanie Davies-Arai, James Caspian and some gender-critical parents.

Stephanie Davies-Arai's comments to the meeting are here:

www.transgendertrend.com/transgender-law-concerns/

BeyondNoone Tue 07-Nov-17 11:43:58

Comments are still on at present, though a few seem to have been deleted.

pisacake Tue 07-Nov-17 11:46:27

Yes they haven't got what they want on this occasion, but the continuous lobbying is likely to silence true reportage on male crimes in the future.

BeyondNoone Tue 07-Nov-17 11:48:42

I particularly liked the comment saying "it should say womam undergoing transition"
Transition to what then, eh?

Thumbs up to them for (even if they didn't include the details of his conviction) actually calling him a man in the headline!

TheSmallClangerWhistlesAgain Tue 07-Nov-17 14:34:35

Once again, use of the correct pronouns is more important than tackling child abuse for the trans lobby.

BatShite Tue 07-Nov-17 17:15:38

I particularly liked the comment saying "it should say womam undergoing transition"

Most people reading that would assume female 'transing' to male surely. Unless thats the point. If transwomen is not reported as flatout women (which mean people think it a female doing the attack) then lets still make out its a female attacking in another way.

Bucketsandspoons Tue 07-Nov-17 17:56:57

Brilliant article (and I followed the link to Miranda Yardley's presentation to the meeting which was equally brilliant.)

Very encouraging that the event took place and that MPs attended. Miranda commented that there were complaints from the trans lobby that they hadn't been invited or represented, missing the point that this was a chance for the so far non platformed to have a say!

Elendon Tue 07-Nov-17 18:57:40

That message at the end of Stephanie Davies-Arai's post is horrific and thank you for flagging this up Pissacake I hope those in the corridors of power take note.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now