Talk

Advanced search

Channel 4 news just now

(12 Posts)
Ginmakesitallok Mon 06-Nov-17 19:37:28

Did anyone just see the piece on c4 news just now about sexual harassment? ?? 😡 Had some dame or other saying that women couldn't have it both ways - couldn't be empowered and then call victim when harassed and then went off on one about the poor men!! Grrrrrrr. Another woman saying that e.g. winking couldn't be harassment - that she enjoyed that attention
Jesus.

Dozer Mon 06-Nov-17 19:39:47

It’s like when the broadcasters talked about climate change and insisted on having idiot deniers “for balance” even though their position was bollocks.

Dozer Mon 06-Nov-17 19:40:17

The Times has an objectionable article by clare foges today too.

VanillaSugar Mon 06-Nov-17 19:41:54

The backlash backlash has started. This is not helping women at all.

MistressDeeCee Mon 06-Nov-17 19:47:06

You will always have women who actively seeking to bask in the male gaze, and will champion men's bad behaviour to attract that gaze. At the expense of other women. "We can't have it both ways...". As if we ever asked for their skewered idea as to what womens' equality actually means...

WitchBitchHarpyTerfThatsMe Mon 06-Nov-17 19:50:08

Kat Banyard was the only voice of reason on there. The other 2 were just male apologists.

norahnamechange Mon 06-Nov-17 21:07:38

Clare Foges article in the Times was shocking - and depressing and the BTL comments just left me reaching for the gin

Trailedanderror Mon 06-Nov-17 21:11:29

I'm utterly overwhelmed at the backlash and arrant nonsense that's everywhere since 'me too'. Its like being constantly trolled.

LondonPainter Mon 06-Nov-17 22:04:57

I turned over to this in the middle so missed the introductions; I recognised Ann Leslie and Kat Barnyard but who was the male apologist between them?

It's like Newsnight was slated for using males to discuss this, so let's use female anti-feminists instead hmm

WitchBitchHarpyTerfThatsMe Mon 06-Nov-17 23:20:19

London she's called Joanna Williams and is the author of a book called "Women v Feminists". Never heard of her before but after tonight's C4 news I don't think she has a clear understanding of what feminism actually stands for.

Mooncuplanding Mon 06-Nov-17 23:28:12

Yep, here we go again

All forgotten again in a few days

Harvey Weinstein still a free man. Fallon will be promoted again. And nothing much else will go down in history.

<weary>

WitchBitchHarpyTerfThatsMe Mon 06-Nov-17 23:50:13

I absolutely know what you mean by weary 'Mooncup'. I'm sick to death of people glazing over or getting defensive when I try to talk to them about the many concerns regarding the TRA agenda and womens rights, children being indoctrinated and encouraged to have life changing surgery etc...

Sometimes I just need to keep away from the news and the internet for a few days to recover because it is so fucking frustrating and exhausting.

We are making progress and the debates about this are getting more widespread attention. Softly softly isn't good enough but I think it's all we have.

You are not alone, you absolutely aren't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now