Talk

Advanced search

Mansplain of the day

(36 Posts)
Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 12:00:37

During a discussion based on an article about a father wanking off his disabled child, man says "why couldn't he just get a female?"

I point out that this simply swaps one wrong for another. He equates me saying most women are coerced or sold into the sex industry and he says that means I'm defending thieves because they have dodgy pasts too (yes, of course, they often do, but wtf?!).

He says that as long as it's for sale and consensual, buying women is ok. His final comment was a gem:

"Prostitution throughout history was seen as a recognised trade… I think you need to do a bit more research. Yes I understand some have been abused and forced into it, but… It was still a choice for some. *Enough now, or we will be here all day babe… I’m done*"

Oh well if you're done then that's ok.... angry

Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 12:02:30

"and he says that means I'm" = WITH. ffs

ZippyCameBack Sun 29-Oct-17 12:06:07

"get a female"? Like as in "get a new car" or "get chips on the way home"?
You can't argue with someone who starts off with the assumption that women are things and not people.

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Sun 29-Oct-17 12:09:10

Is the man a relative or some random on a social media site?

He is a twat either way but im just wondering how sasy it would be to tell him what you really think about him

Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 12:52:52

He's someone I've posted about before I realised, I used to work with him years ago, he's training to be a counsellor and sends me creepy messages every day with vomit-inducing inspirational quotes that sound like he's made them up because they're don't make sense.

I said something along the lines of "Oh well if you say enough now, of course I'll have to comply hmm"

I bet he won't see the irony.

Dozer Sun 29-Oct-17 12:55:06

An article on a father sexually touching his disabled DC: wtf?

Your acquaintance sounds like he has some nasty views: block him and disengage?

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Sun 29-Oct-17 12:55:20

albadross

Inspirational quotes you say??

Hmm????

I wonder if 'fuck off you dozy cunt ' counts as inspirational

Or 'if you had a brain youd be dangerous'

Or 'when god gave out brains, you thought he said trains, so you asked for a small slow one'

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Sun 29-Oct-17 12:55:52

Or you could do what dozer suggested

WillowWeeping Sun 29-Oct-17 12:57:27

I think a man supporting CSA is far more concerning than arguing for prostitution

AssassinatedBeauty Sun 29-Oct-17 13:00:06

I couldn't get past your opening sentence. What? What kind of article and what were they saying? Was it an adult child, which at least wouldn't be as bad as an under 18?

Wondermoomin Sun 29-Oct-17 13:06:09

I am also far more concerned about the CSA than the prostitution element. Is this father being prosecuted for his abuse? Horrific.

PricklyBall Sun 29-Oct-17 13:15:30

And this guy is training to be a counsellor? Christ on a bike. Can you block and delete? Because he sounds seriously - to the point of dangerously - screwed up, and he's going to be counselling other people???

Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 13:25:12

He posts links to controversial articles and then says 'Opinions?' and always tags me. He was saying it was wrong of a father to masturbate his adult son because he couldn't do it himself, and I pointed out that buying sex from prostitutes doesn't really solve the issue.In his mind, buying sex is fine so that was the perfect solution, I don't think buying sex is justified even if for some misguided 'right' reason.

EnidColeslaw771 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:28:07

I would delete and block tbh. There's no good reason to be connected to this person on social media.

PricklyBall Sun 29-Oct-17 13:29:33

Is he a RL friend, or an internet one? And what (if anything) does he bring to your life that's positive? Because if he's just an internet acquaintance, and someone who doesn't bring anything positive to your life, but just expects you to act as a nodding, affirmatory chorus to his views, I'd be inclined to do a soft block (where you unfollow someone in such a way that they don't realise they've been dropped - there are instructions online for most social media platforms if you do a quick google). Life is too short to put up with pricks simply out of politeness.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 29-Oct-17 13:30:21

Completely baffled as to why you would entertain this man beyond his first “opinions” post he tagged you in? confused

Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 13:38:49

I think I do it because I used to have similar views about prostitution (sex-positive feminism etc) and if nobody had engaged with me and told me why that was BS I may never have worked it out.

I knew him in RL but I think I will have to unfollow now and start untagging myself in everything.

Creamswirls Sun 29-Oct-17 14:47:26

Is this the same guy as from your other thread?

If not then you now have two individuals in your life you would do well to steer clear of. flowers

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 29-Oct-17 15:33:11

I am also far more concerned about the CSA than the prostitution element

Yes me too.

CeeBeeBee Sun 29-Oct-17 15:46:38

It's an adult son. Post at 13:25 says it's because he can't do it himself.

I wouldn't bother with this individual either. I really can't stand it when men try to justify the right to buy access to a woman's bodybbcause they "need" it.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Sun 29-Oct-17 15:56:00

It's an adult son. Post at 13:25 says it's because he can't do it himself

Doesn't make it any better. It is still sexual abuse.

Trills Sun 29-Oct-17 15:59:48

Yuck.

That doesn't sound like someone you want to interact with any more than you have to.

DorothyBastard Sun 29-Oct-17 16:49:30

He’s training to be a counsellor?! Bloody hell that’s just the kind of person you want ‘helping’ people at their most vulnerable(!) How terrifying.

Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 17:41:50

He was using the argument that the wanking was the issue too, but I see them both as unjustifiable. If the father masturbates his son that’s not consensual but add a prostitution to that and you then have two non-consenting adults doing something because the father thinks his son needs it.

Albadross Sun 29-Oct-17 17:44:26

I’m saying ‘wanking’ because typing’masturbation’ every time was grinding on my brain a bit, hope I’m not coming off as blithe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now