Talk

Advanced search

New womens pro wrestling competition set up, any guesses on the sex of the inaugural winner?

(8 Posts)
miri1985 Fri 27-Oct-17 06:15:47

www.maoritelevision.com/news/sport/native-affairs-wrestlemania-kiwi-style

MrsJamin Fri 27-Oct-17 06:22:57

Oh bloody hell those poor women opponents sad

QueenLaBeefah Fri 27-Oct-17 06:58:33

There's really no point to women's sport anymore. It's all just going to be men winning everything.

PlumpSquirrel Fri 27-Oct-17 07:01:50

Um, you are aware that WWE is all acted aren’t you?

CosmicPineapple Fri 27-Oct-17 07:06:30

Wonderful. Men who cant cut it in the males group of a sport can put on a dress call themself Sally and win in the womens division angry

And all I hear is how transwomen just want to live their life not affecting others and taking nothing away from women......yeah right.

This one can join Fallon Fox and be paid to beat up women.

CryptFascist Fri 27-Oct-17 07:09:37

Exactly what CosmicPineapple said.
Given the disgust with which women are often treated online by transwomen (misogyny, rape threats), it’s not much of a leap to believe that being paid to legally beat up women would be an ideal career choice for some.

miri1985 Fri 27-Oct-17 08:19:54

" Um, you are aware that WWE is all acted aren’t you?"

I think everyone knows WWE is fake. I imagine there is some manipulation even in minor competitions like this but theres no way its completely choreographed like it is in professional competitions and therefore I still believe putting a male in represents danger to females especially if they are supposed to win and therefore deliver the harshest blows, fake or not people still get hurt.

Leaving aside the danger aspect and assuming its all safe and fake and everything, if this was a premeditated decision by the organiser, its still awful. Then its a concerted effort to reinforce supremacy

PlumpSquirrel Fri 27-Oct-17 08:27:01

I would’ve thought that the stronger individual would be able to execute throws etc with more control - i.e. less likely to slam their opponent down as they can control the weight.

But I’m splitting hairs there to be fair. I do think it’s a valid concern in a lot of contact sports, like rugby for example.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now