Talk

Advanced search

Brilliant article on 4thwavenow

(6 Posts)
Sparkyduchess Thu 26-Oct-17 21:58:58

I’m a long term lurker and only very occasional poster, but I’ve just read the most outstanding piece on 4thwavenow, written by the mother of a child who thought she was trans but...wasn’t

4thwavenow.com/2017/10/25/born-in-the-right-body-introducing-4thwavenows-new-spokesperson-mom-of-a-teen-desister/

I thought it was so well written, and such a clear example of the worries so many of us here have about the trans ‘cult’

MsDeerheart Thu 26-Oct-17 21:59:40

Yes I liked it very much

tiktok Fri 27-Oct-17 10:19:50

Thanks for the link - definitely worth reading.

WitchBitchHarpyTerfThatsMe Fri 27-Oct-17 11:32:23

Fantastic article Sparky, thank you so much for posting it.

hipsterfun Sun 29-Oct-17 01:37:17

An excellent article which reads as both the old-fashioned common sense of progressive 1970s/80s thinking, and progressive thinking.

That’s one of those things of getting older, isn’t it, seeing ideas go full circle...

Saz432 Mon 30-Oct-17 15:50:33

I fear that one day, this period of medically altering the hormones of pre-pubescent kids will be looked back at as a horrific tragedy.

In my 20s I was on a medication which is very similar to the drug given to girls for this purpose. That drug fucked my life and hormones up for over 6 years, and I was only on it for 2. I cannot even imagine what would have happened if I'd been given it at 12 or younger. It's messed up my libido, my weight, my skin, my hair, almost wrecked my marriage - this is serious shit and a decade on I'm stealing having to deal with the after effects. And that's not even starting on the osteoporosis.

I understand what it's like for teenagers to feel lost and "wrong". I'm really concerned by how many are swept along with this and irreparably harmed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now