Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Petition to keep sex segregated areas sex segregated

(10 Posts)
busyboysmum Thu 26-Oct-17 18:07:25

https://www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-keep-sex-segregated-areas-sex-segregated?recruiter=213830626&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive&utm_term=169431

Worth signing and sharing.

busyboysmum Thu 26-Oct-17 18:08:26

Our goal is to reach 200 signatures and we need more support. You can read more and sign the petition here:

chn.ge/2gGyYN7

WitchBitchHarpyTerfThatsMe Thu 26-Oct-17 21:41:28

Have signed. Thanks for posting this.

Pissedoffhadenough Sat 28-Oct-17 11:32:41

I'm not sure that change.org is the right website for petitioning the government. The government petition website at petition.parliament.uk/petitions?state=open would surely be more appropriate.

Also sorry to say it but it's far too wordy and made me think TLDR. Be more concise and cut your word count in half. I do support the principle of what the petition's about, but it's badly written and I can't send it to busy people. Sorry.

busyboysmum Sat 28-Oct-17 11:33:43

That's ok it's not mine. I just copied and pasted.

Pissedoffhadenough Sat 28-Oct-17 11:47:16

Maybe you could pass that information on then, as the person who started it has written that she doesn't understand why more people haven't signed it. Personally I would really like to sign such a petition if a better one existed. Here's an example of a well-written one that gets straight to the point petition.parliament.uk/petitions/202435

Keepingupwiththejonesys Sat 28-Oct-17 12:07:18

Signed

Keepingupwiththejonesys Sat 28-Oct-17 12:08:00

The Parliament one that is

HornyTortoise Sat 28-Oct-17 16:50:08

The parliament one is actually different to the change.org one. Change.org is about sex segregated spaces and the other is about the sex question on the census.

Signed both a while ago.

FloweringDeranger Sat 28-Oct-17 18:59:05

Signed, but I'd also like to see this on the parliamentary petition website.

The title of it gets straight to the point, and I think - perhaps naively - that it would gain traction once women realise that that is what is at stake. If it was on the parliamentary site it could be posted in the mainstream areas of mumsnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now