Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New W.I. opening: “Any self-identifying women welcome” 😐

(5 Posts)
Creamswirls Tue 24-Oct-17 22:09:03

What a shame. I would have been interested in joining but I’m not that keen if men can go too.

Is this a global W.I. policy?

Rumandraisin1 Wed 25-Oct-17 00:24:07

It appears so:

www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/womens-institute-reveals-now-accepts-6453762

Seeingadistance Wed 25-Oct-17 01:46:56

I can't see this happening with the Scottish equivalent.

All hell broke loose with them when they went from being the Scottish Women's Rural Institute to the Scottish Women's Institute. They've always been known as "the Rural" so dropping the word by which they were always known was an extremely unpopular move with members.

But they might be daft enough to try it - the world seems to be going mad. If they do, I reckon that would be the end of the Rural though.

AssignedPerfectAtBirth Wed 25-Oct-17 08:56:23

Who the fuck would join with trans identified males barging in telling everyone about their Victoria sponges. I imagine the Marjory would have a rather stern face. May as well just invite men and there is the chance that a Paul Hollywood lookalike shows up.

BriechonCheese Wed 25-Oct-17 11:08:29

I'd actually like to see them try this at my MIL's WI. 😂
I told her about the trans issue and we've been talking about it back and forth in recent months. She was incredibly, incredibly angry about it and has told the women at the WI, church and bell ringing and they are all seething.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now