Talk

Advanced search

Anyone listen to Hillary Clinton on Woman's Hour today?

(7 Posts)
QuentinSummers Tue 17-Oct-17 20:53:00

I thought it was a fascinating interview and she was very candid. I would like to read her book now. Wonder how different the world would be if she was president rather than that idiot Trump.
Dome of the stuff she said about protecting democracy rang bells with me too.
Link here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b098bsv4#play

QuentinSummers Tue 17-Oct-17 20:53:19

Duh www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b098bsv4#play

WhichJob Tue 17-Oct-17 20:54:58

I wish she had been on for the whole programme, although Dany Cotton was also great.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Tue 17-Oct-17 20:55:07

Thank you OP, it sounds interesting.

So often in the last few months the words "Hillary the warmonger" has come to my mind. The irony sad

squishysquirmy Tue 17-Oct-17 21:05:01

Yes, but I missed the very beginning.
It got me all annoyed and sad about last year's elections again (thought I was over it!); I find it hard listening to a woman who, although not necessarily "nice", comes across as so eloquent, intelligent, witty and ambitious. And then remembering who she lost to. The shit that male politicians get away with, and the tightrope that female politicians have to walk. The fact that the wife of a man accused of sexual assault will not only be judged more harshly than her husband but will be judged more harshly than a man who admits to sexual assault.

IndominusRex Tue 17-Oct-17 21:44:09

Yes to everything you just said squishy!

hipsterfun Tue 17-Oct-17 21:48:49

Dany Cotton is brilliant, love her attitude.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: