Talk

Advanced search

Do we have any statistics on violence against women by non binary people or trans women ?

(14 Posts)
Youcanttaketheskyfromme Mon 09-Oct-17 13:51:33

I've seen somewhere the rates of violence in trans women referenced - as being similar to men - could someone link please?

I'd also be grateful for some information on anything relating to non binary male violence too.

I suspectjere isn't much because all research probably has to tie the party line of "trans women are women" and so on.

busyboysmum Mon 09-Oct-17 14:08:03

genderapostates.com/male-violence-is-the-problem-and-transwomen-commit-it-too/

genderidentitywatch.com/transwomen-sexualized-violence/

www.reddit.com/r/Gender_Critical/comments/38rirn/is_there_a_list_of_violent_crimes_committed_by/

DJBaggySmalls Mon 09-Oct-17 14:26:11

Its not just a party line now, its a legal one. Its becoming increasingly difficult to keep these kinds of statistics, as in many places (including the UK) its discrimination and illegal to describe them as men if they say they are not. Protection begins from the start of the 2 year process of applying for a GRC.

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Mon 09-Oct-17 14:36:42

I also don't dare speak up really. I don't want to end up getting doxxed or fired or something.

This is insane. Insane.

How how can someone suddenly be female just by saying so ?

It's mad. Even if you accepted the "trans people don't commit violent crime" like there's still no way of preventing a predator from accessing vulnerable women using this - all they have to do is say they are female and they can access any female only space. sad

And I have no doubt that really sick twisted predators will do just that.

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Mon 09-Oct-17 14:43:35

I think this was what I was also after.

Lancelottie Mon 09-Oct-17 16:16:29

Long term, I think we'll need to insist on genetic profiling a cheek swab should do it) of all offenders.

I suspect that a common feature of many offender profiles might be the Y chromosome.

Elendon Mon 09-Oct-17 18:08:27

I agree it is insane.

Why are we bothering with male, female and biology?

This is a site for mums basically to improve the lives of women, mainly those who are trying to conceive, those who go through pregnancy (or sadly fail), and those post pregnancy and beyond.

It makes you wonder what is the point of mumsnet after this bill has gone through.

Ereshkigal Mon 09-Oct-17 18:35:41

It makes you wonder what is the point of mumsnet after this bill has gone through.

Yes, I've also thought this. It's one of the very few female oriented and dominated spaces and transpeople telling us what we are allowed to talk about and how we're allowed to talk are pretty much absent in contrast to practically every other female centred organisation, forum or social media group.

Elendon Mon 09-Oct-17 18:43:48

I've found a lot of transwomen are very supportive of women on this site and value speaking up for them without rancour.

Elendon Mon 09-Oct-17 18:46:44

I've no idea what non binary male is. Can you elaborate OP? (I've googled but it seems to vary greatly).

Datun Mon 09-Oct-17 18:59:41

Elendon

Whilst I agree that there are many transwomen who are supportive of this site, there are many who absolutely hate it.

Trans Media Watch are relentless in their attempts to get Justine Roberts to censor threads on here.

I've seen it slated in many places, called batshit and, obviously, the usual cries of bigoted and transphobic.

Being a woman, or a mum, is obviously no barrier to intelligence, education or critical thinking.

The fact that there are a lot of incredibly smart, well-informed women on here discussing the issue without resorting to insults, is anathema to the trans lobby.

And mumsnet is made up of a fairly representative cross-section of women generally, I would have thought. Along with your university educated woman, there are women from all walks of life who are concerned with this issue.

I, personally, have certainly been very shocked over the number of men who think that women having an opinion is something to be controlled. And an opinion with which they disagree is simply unacceptable.

The issue has brought out a simmering sexism which I hadn't realised was so prevalent.

Elendon Mon 09-Oct-17 19:20:02

I always feel that I'm walking on eggshells when it comes to trans, and I've read enough pro women from trans women to know that they agree.

I'm not sure the sexism is simmering. I think it's on a full boil.

I've been called bigoted which I find most upsetting, especially as those who called it knew I was living as a catholic teenager in Northern Ireland. Extra knife plunged in as it were.

morningrunner Mon 09-Oct-17 19:50:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ereshkigal Mon 09-Oct-17 21:09:51

YYY.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: