Talk

Advanced search

fashion taking over at award ceremonies

(10 Posts)
Pastacube Tue 19-Sep-17 21:17:30

why do we have to care what actor/actress is wearing what?

red carpet seems to have eaten award ceremonies.

YesVeryGoodVeryStrong Wed 20-Sep-17 09:19:01

I think because it creates headlines and therefore promo for the films?

It seems kind of pointless otherwise.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Wed 20-Sep-17 13:17:02

It has always been that way. You might not care but many people do.

JynOdan Wed 20-Sep-17 17:41:52

There are quite a few dudes on the daily mail worst dressed list. grin

GuardianLions Wed 20-Sep-17 19:35:46

JynOdan
The fact that all those pictures you've put there as a source of amusement are brown-skinned people is a bit troubling rather than funny imo

patodp Wed 20-Sep-17 20:31:35

It has always been this way.
The designers give their clothes to the celebrity for free, or rather for the publicity. If the celebrity doesn't mention the designer they wouldn't get any recognition which is not very fair.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Wed 20-Sep-17 20:36:18

Titus Burgess' gold jacket looks gorgeous in a full length picture .That is a bad photo- it is a very rich , deep gold.

JynOdan Wed 20-Sep-17 23:54:01

@GuardianLions I'm really sorry, I haven't even paid attention to their skin colour. I was laughing at the Mail's stupidness of declaring them badly dressed. Imo there's nothing wrong with any of those jackets, if a woman wore a dress with that gold colour or that pattern they wouldn't even blink, but apparently men are only allowed to wear navy or black.
Sorry that I came across offensive.

nooka Thu 21-Sep-17 04:43:53

I find the focus on what the women wear sexist and tedious. On the other hand that gold jacket is rather fabulous. I guess if everyone wore more interesting clothes I'd feel less bothered about the photos of the women because they might be better balanced with photos of men.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Fri 22-Sep-17 07:09:21

Perhaps just avoid coverage of the red carpet then. Women wear a far wider range of evening dress than men. Many women like dressing up and are interested in what other women wear when dressed up.

What I find tedious is this sort of joyless, puritanical moaning about it in this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now