Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

You lot are a bad influence on me.

(60 Posts)
sashh Thu 17-Aug-17 14:00:31

I was offering the cat a bit of chicken yesterday and she wasn't as interested as I thought she would be.

My friend said, "maybe she is self identifying as a rabbit and wants lettuce instead"

That's how much you have infiltrated my thoughts and influenced my arguments with said friend.

VestalVirgin Thu 17-Aug-17 14:35:48

grin

You are welcome.

ladyballs Thu 17-Aug-17 14:55:37

grin

I've peak transed my boyfriend and my mother. I often ask boyfriend if he's assuming my gender.

NoLoveofMine Thu 17-Aug-17 15:10:46

Good point from your friend. I hope you didn't try again with the chicken and invalidate your rabbit's identity (I have no time for RERFs). How do you know the former cat is a "she", though? Does she expect regular brushing and claw care whilst refusing to wear any collars which aren't pink and glittery?

AdalindSchade Thu 17-Aug-17 15:12:36

My friend and I make those kinds of comments to each other then laugh and feel proper rebellious grin

TheWeeWitch Thu 17-Aug-17 15:14:14

RERFs. Lol.

sashh Thu 17-Aug-17 15:20:33

How do you know the former cat is a "she", though?

Well she prefers male visitors to female, but then she may identify as a gay male rabbit for all I know.

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Thu 17-Aug-17 16:21:11

My children keep telling me not to assume their gender

I may bring back corporal punishment in this house

<looks balefully at 14 year old ds who tells me he is gender fluid just to wind me up>

ladyballs Thu 17-Aug-17 21:43:17

grin

PricklyBall Thu 17-Aug-17 21:49:17

Rufus - just identify right back at him as gender-role fluid. No more tidying up after the kids, cooking their tea, doing their laundry, sorting out their shit for school. You now identify as a 1950s pater familias.

Rufustherenegadereindeer1 Thu 17-Aug-17 22:34:41

prickly

Im quite lazy

Ive already delegated most of that sad

grin

Plus their dad actually gets them food whenever they want, butters their toast and serves their food to them!!

If i identified as gender fluid in this house i would have to do even more work <wails>

SophoclesTheFox Fri 18-Aug-17 06:49:24

Self definition has really taken off in this house.

The cat is identifying as a dog - he's refusing to use his cat flap and will only go in and out through the door with the dogs, and they all go out as a pack now, with the cat in charge.

One of the dogs is now identifying as a cat, and is obsessed with mouse hunting and licks a paw to wash her face.

See where all of this gets us? Anarchy, that's where grin

NoLoveofMine Fri 18-Aug-17 10:06:22

Sophocles I wonder if the elder cats look on at your dog (the former cat) and ponder how in their day cats being in charge was par for the course whereas now these cats are all identifying as dogs to lead the pack. I also hope you'll shame any bigoted cattery which refuses to accept your ex-dog who is now a cat in future.

SophoclesTheFox Fri 18-Aug-17 11:17:18

The cattery is cheaper than the kennels, so that might be a fight worth having!

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 18-Aug-17 12:39:10

The cat is identifying as a dog - he's refusing to use his cat flap and will only go in and out through the door with the dogs, and they all go out as a pack now, with the cat in charge

I thought that was normal?

NoLoveofMine Fri 18-Aug-17 13:25:10

It used to be, but no longer. Now cats are expected to dutifully use their cat flap and defer to dogs, any sign of deviating from this behaviour and taking charge means they are identifying as a dog.

YetAnotherSpartacus Fri 18-Aug-17 13:34:29

What about sitting right in the middle of open doors then?

ShotsFired Fri 18-Aug-17 13:41:43

My cat identifies as a velociraptor most of the time.

Bloody thing hides in plain sight then swoops with her claws.

ISaySteadyOn Fri 18-Aug-17 13:42:29

Or right in the middle of the landing at the top of the stairs?

NoLoveofMine Fri 18-Aug-17 13:43:41

I sense a lot of people casting doubt on this and dismissing the identities of these transdogs.

MissMoneyPlant Fri 18-Aug-17 15:09:32

NoLove I also hope you'll shame any bigoted cattery which refuses to accept your ex-dog who is now a cat in future.

Obviously the trans-cat cannot be expected to actually fully adopt the role and behaviour of a cis-cat. Some catteries are on the wrong side of history, refusing to accept that some cats like walkies and fetching sticks. I hope the cattery in question is accomodating.

I was bonding rabbits a while ago and found myself saying to the doe "Come on, just give him a little kiss [groom] and he'll be nice to you!" shock

SophoclesTheFox Fri 18-Aug-17 15:27:56

Possibly it is. It's a new one on me, though, that when I shout to the dogs "Wee time!" and open the door, the first one out and weeing is the cat grin

SophoclesTheFox Fri 18-Aug-17 15:30:08

Sorry, the trans dog blush

He is on the phone to the RSPCA now to report my hate crimes.

NoLoveofMine Fri 18-Aug-17 15:55:54

Good point MissMoneyPlant. Cis-cats need to check their privilege and if any of them object to SophoclesTheFox's trans-cat in the cattery with them I hope they'll be thrown out until they learn inclusivity. I think cis-cats are also rather selfish when they stroll around on their own outside without leads flaunting their privilege - trans cats can only go out with their owners and often on leads so they need to appreciate this.

KickAssAngel Sat 19-Aug-17 03:16:42

I was teaching kids cookery today, and to get one of them to help tidy up I said, "Pick that pea up, he wants to be with his friends in the bowl". The 9 year old said "unless he's a trans-pea, then he might not want to be that gender and he might want to be with the girly carrots instead."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now