Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have ever wondered what Twitter in real life would look like

(20 Posts)
TinyRick Wed 28-Jun-17 09:57:59

I have found the perfect representation.

youtu.be/nblXa665laY

Cathy Brennan is brilliant ;)

Datun Wed 28-Jun-17 10:38:02

TinyRick

It's brilliant and depressing in equal measure.

Saying transwomen aren't women is like the Blasphemy of Yore.

But that is what the entire argument rests upon. Those people were relying on the fact that Cathy Brennan wouldn't say it. Because if you don't say it, you have to find another reason to disagree with allowing them in women's spaces.

But she did. And they couldn't believe it.

DJBaggySmalls Wed 28-Jun-17 10:54:46

Kudos to Cathy for not caving to that level of harassment.

The fact that some women choose to side with abusive men is a known phenomenon. They shouldn't get to advocate for other women.

TinyRick Wed 28-Jun-17 11:00:45

They must have realised she would say it. It seems like they singled her out because they know of her.

The whole thing was Transactivism 101.

And don't get me started on that bloke saying he is a lesbian * rolls eyes *

And at a Dyke March no less.

I did like how they had no comeback to Cathy's 'And do you know how many females are killed each day?!'

MrsGWay Thu 29-Jun-17 13:35:24

I started to watch this, but just couldn't. A woman turned up to a lesbian event with her male partner and then got verbally aggressive when pulled up on it? Why had she pulled her top down? Are thse young adults the future or just a niche bit of it?

I sometimes feel very old and wonder if these feelings are just natural. A bit like the responses to Elvis Presley's hips. I just hope that this trans ideology is over soon.

OlennasWimple Thu 29-Jun-17 22:16:03

I'm going to have nightmares about being heckled by topless transallies now...

Datun Fri 30-Jun-17 00:34:47

According to gendertrender he attempted to deny ever having been there in the first place. Despite it being on video. (and disseminated a billion times across the universe)

VestalVirgin Fri 30-Jun-17 00:37:58

According to gendertrender he attempted to deny ever having been there in the first place. Despite it being on video.

Eh, if someone can claim that men are women despite the opposite being obvious, then why not also claim to not have been in a place even though a video of him being there exists?

#AlternativeFacts.

Datun Fri 30-Jun-17 00:41:24

Well quite, vestal. Although I do think this alternative facts malarkey is getting more of an airing now.

All those ridiculous YouTube videos which turn out to be either just a complete lie, or pranks. People are getting called out on believing stuff without checking.

Hopefully 'citation please' is getting to be cool.

Datun Fri 30-Jun-17 00:42:17

By which I mean maybe there will be a push towards truth, rather than, well lies.

OlennasWimple Fri 30-Jun-17 00:47:06

I feel actually quite sorry for the topless woman that she believes that her lesbian transwoman girlfriend "is more of a woman than [she] will ever be"

Datun Fri 30-Jun-17 00:50:59

And yet she seemed quite bolshy. God only knows how she squares it all away.

VestalVirgin Fri 30-Jun-17 00:57:21

I feel actually quite sorry for the topless woman that she believes that her lesbian transwoman girlfriend "is more of a woman than [she] will ever be"

Not sure whether to feel sorry for her.
To decide that I would have to know what her definition of "woman" is.
(She'll probably claim she doesn't have one, as a woman is everyone who identifies as one, but how then can her girlfriend be more of a woman than she is?)

According to some nonbinary-identified women I have met, a "woman" is a weak, silly creature who loves being oppressed, having to do all the housework and do shopping, or something. I mean, they didn't admit to thinking that but the fact they were so insulted to be called women speaks for itself.

If that's the topless woman's definition of "woman", then she might have insulted her girlfriend. You never know.

OlennasWimple Fri 30-Jun-17 01:07:24

datun - deep-rooted insecurities, I suspect. Being bolshy is a front. Going topless is a pre-emptive "I don't care" to people who would criticize her body. If she sleeps with male-bodied and female-bodied people, she is bi, which is (according to a good friend) often confusing anyway but is particularly so at the moment.

vestal - I think you are being over-generous...

VestalVirgin Fri 30-Jun-17 01:14:21

Over-generous? Why?

I have always prided myself on being very judgemental, but perhaps I am growing soft in my old age?

OlennasWimple Fri 30-Jun-17 01:38:04

Ha, I'm getting more judgmental and intolerant in my burgeoning middle age

VestalVirgin Fri 30-Jun-17 01:51:48

But in what respect do you think am I being too generous?

I admit to seeing those young female genderists as confused children, so perhaps that's why I'm rather too generous, though I am not sure where you see that?

I hope I am still plenty intolerant when it comes to adult males who want to invade female spaces. wink

Fauchelevent Fri 30-Jun-17 02:34:52

My god that was excellent. I spent the whole time pulling the exact same face as Cathy in the video.

They look, dress and act like every transactivist I have ever come upon and I swear to god use the same five phrases. "Silencing" "erasure" "discourse" "misgendering" "denying"

Fauchelevent Fri 30-Jun-17 02:36:02

I was raised in the era of the transactivist and i was taught to think Brennan was the devil incarnate. Right now i think she's pretty wonderful.

garud Fri 30-Jun-17 02:57:58

That was painful to watch.

Though my favourite bit was when the bloke who had spent the entire time complaining about being interrupted responded to the invitation to talk with 'oh, so you you're demanding I talk to you now?!'. He had absolutely nothing to say until she started talking again and he could get back to shouting over her about how she was silencing him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now