Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feminism issues and science

(2 Posts)
panjandrumpyjamas Tue 27-Jun-17 21:52:47

Prenatal exposure to paracetamol/acetaminophen and precursor aniline impairs masculinisation of male brain and behaviour www.reproduction-online.org/content/154/2/145.full
I would be really interested in there was a correlation between this and the increase in trans issues...... Also where is the female study? which leads to
Research on male animals prevents women from getting best drugs. www.newscientist.com/article/2138671-research-on-male-animals-prevents-women-from-getting-best-drugs/
I can't even believe that this hasn't been thought of before.I guess it is not in the interest of the drug companies to have separate testing protocols...

VestalVirgin Tue 27-Jun-17 22:43:02

I think you might be onto something there. Some time ago, I read something about a chemical (I think it could have been a drug to prevent miscarriages, but another part of my brain insists it was a commonly used pesticide, sorry, my memory is chaotic) that gave girl babies an increased risk for cancer of the reproductive organs, and changed some sexual characteristics in boy babies (distance between anus and testicles or something) and increased the rate of transsexuality.

However, I think boys affected by such drugs would be old-fashioned transsexual, and actually want to have a female body, not insist that their penis is female.

It is possible the whole issue is just drowned by the wave of transgenderism. If there was no transgender trend, a steep rise in transsexuals would be noticed, whereas as things are, no clear distinction is made between those who feel genuinely dysphoric about their bodies from birth, those where dysphoria only develops over time (girls who hate their bodies after puberty) and those that don't have any dysphoria at all (the infamous transwoman with an allegedly female penis)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now