Talk

Advanced search

MN Facebook post - not sure about the accompanying pic

(19 Posts)
AssassinatedBeauty Fri 16-Jun-17 21:41:56

I'm probably going to be told I'm being over sensitive, but a Mumsnet thread about keeping babies cool in the heat popped up on my Facebook feed... and this was the accompanying picture...

Does anyone else think it's a bit, well, weird?

Megbert Fri 16-Jun-17 21:45:39

In what way?

TheBrilloPad Fri 16-Jun-17 21:47:52

I don't usually like little ones in two pieces (especially since if you were going to keep them safe in the sun a one piece UV suit sort of thing would probably be better), but that pic is so ridiculously freaking adorable I can't bring myself to care!

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 16-Jun-17 21:49:14

Oh ok, just me then.

VerityHabitat Fri 16-Jun-17 21:51:46

I can't see any weirdness there.

MacTweedy Fri 16-Jun-17 21:55:25

Nothing weird at all. It's a baby in swimwear. Also- why is this in feminism?

Calyrical Fri 16-Jun-17 21:56:19

I dont like it much either OP.

MrsBadger Fri 16-Jun-17 21:57:43

Yanbu

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 16-Jun-17 21:57:45

I thought it would be obvious why it's in this section but I think I'm out of step with everyone else on this. Which is interesting.

isthistoonosy Fri 16-Jun-17 22:01:50

Im not keen either my kids (girl and boy) are either in trunks/ just bottoms or in UV suits depending on the weather. I think the two peice combined with the pose is a bit strange.

ThymeLord Fri 16-Jun-17 22:12:54

Is it the pose? You'd normally expect to see a woman reclining like that in a two piece, artfully arranged for the male gaze. I may be totally wrong, just my first thought.

CocoaLeaves Fri 16-Jun-17 22:22:57

The photo is nonsense - surely it would be a one piece, a sun hat and more realistically a child either playing about or on the lounger in a towel if they have been in the waiter. Toddlers don't sunbathe!

That said, I have a picture of DD on a lounger, she is wearing a one piece and had been in the pool. It is perfectly natural, but I think also a private photo, I am not sure I think it would be advertising material. So there is something out of sync in the image here and the boundaries around images of children.

Xenophile Fri 16-Jun-17 22:47:12

No, not out of step with everyone OP, it's a bit of a weirdly adult pose for a start and in this day and age, putting babies in two piece cozzies is just stupid.

Xenophile Fri 16-Jun-17 22:47:36

(because of the risk of sunburn, in case that's not clear)

ThanksMsMay Fri 16-Jun-17 22:57:25

I like bald babies in sunglasses. Especially bald babies in sun glasses chillin in sun loungers. It's a picture I'd have taken myself (though I'd never put my dd in a two piece bikin) But I do see your point.

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 16-Jun-17 23:02:47

It is the adult pose and the adult style bikini, which I find really incongruous on a baby girl.

Asmoto Fri 16-Jun-17 23:04:42

I'm not bothered by the picture but I love the comment underneath.

DJBaggySmalls Fri 16-Jun-17 23:20:15

The pose and the glasses make it look like someone posed the baby as an adult female. I dont like it.

CivQueen Fri 16-Jun-17 23:23:02

I found it a bit stupid to have a photo of a baby in a two piece by an article about sun protection.

At first glance it is a cute picture, on a longer look it makes me feel uneasy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now