Talk

Advanced search

Article in USAToday 'Now Comey knows what sexual harassment feels like'

(8 Posts)
BlueCowWonders Sat 10-Jun-17 15:25:10

Good article - Coney was asked why he didn't say anything at the time etc
Parallels with what women hear when they try to report later.

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 10-Jun-17 18:19:54

Link?

BlueCowWonders Sat 10-Jun-17 19:20:55

Can't manage as I was on app. Will try

BlueCowWonders Sat 10-Jun-17 19:26:40

www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/06/09/james-comey-gretchen-carlson-both-found-way-alicia-shepard-column/102667250/

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 10-Jun-17 19:32:40

Thanks! Good article. I think the analogy is good as far as the victim being on trial about their 'morals'. The original event is very different of course.

VestalVirgin Sat 10-Jun-17 19:57:45

I wouldn't say he knows what sexual harrassment feels like.

But yes, there are parallels, and the fact that people can be in shock when others act completely inappropriately, should be well known, not least because of the research on sexual harrassment.

When someone acts so completely inappropriately, you're frightened, because this person is clearly mad and will stop at nothing.

I really hope this will be the end of Trump.

bigolenerdy Mon 12-Jun-17 01:40:31

Sorry, but I think its a terrible analogy.

Unlike rape/assault victims, if Comey believed he was being ordered not to do his job properly, it was his DUTY as a public servant to 1) refuse; and (most crucially) 2) report it. That is why the question: "Why didn’t you say anything?” is so pertinent here - because it would have been his job/duty to say something, and he knows that.

There is no such parallel with rape/assault victims.

JustGettingStarted Thu 15-Jun-17 20:52:39

He did refuse and he did report it.

He was asked why, as "a big guy" he didn't stop the POTUS from continuing. Like he should have physically stopped Trump from speaking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now