Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

disgusting views from men on a sexist website...

(38 Posts)
underthestarrysky Sat 13-May-17 14:44:30

Ergh. I stumbled across this while looking at some fitness stuff. The attitude of these men makes my blood boil!

www.mgtow.com/forums/topic/harder-for-women-to-reach-their-fitness-goals/

NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Sat 13-May-17 15:00:21

Is it the website that's sexist or just a few ridiculous comments from total twats? They probably have roid rage, spotty backs, red faces and need a little blue pill for the evenings. Ignore them x

AvonBarksdale99 Sat 13-May-17 15:03:52

Interesting topic, discussed by idiots.

ChocChocPorridge Sat 13-May-17 16:40:59

That's a MGTOW website (Men Going Their Own Way) basically, men who think we're all ungrateful women, and they'll show us by ignoring us (and then, generally still obsessively talking about us)

The basic idea I'm totally fine with, more power to their elbow, but in practise it just seems to breed forums of angry men saying horrible things about women.

coleridge Sat 13-May-17 17:18:01

What gets me is that MGTOWs and their ilk are notorious for the 'one woman was like this one time and therefore all women always style of "logic", then extrapolating it to largely unrelated things (like the example with the car - one woman's car was messy, therefore all women treat their possessions including their bodies very badly). They always take these wild leaps at least once a thread. They'll go on and on about how logical and scientific they are but peddle pseudoscience and show extremely dubious logic.

At least the MGTOWs are supposedly leaving us alone.

Hope you weren't too saddened by the thread. They're usually a lot worse than that. Just focus on your own goals and fitness and forget about these types of men. They're not worth it at all and you don't need them in your life (and they apparently don't want to be in yours, despite their constant talking about women).

coleridge Sat 13-May-17 17:18:59

Oops, meant to close the quotation after the word 'always there!

Railgunner1 Sat 13-May-17 18:09:18

Yuck!
Basically, they are pathetic losers who think that the world owes them sex with Pamela Anderson clones hmm how charming.

meditrina Sat 13-May-17 18:12:47

Where's that cartoon about 'someone on the internet is wrong'?

Yes, people post utter shite sometimes.

It's not necessarily a reflection of a site as a whole (or of the poster's actual attitudes).

Only if you are fairly deeply familiar with a site can you be reasonably sure whether there's a problem (behind a handful of bad posts/threads) and the best way to tackle it.

Freddystarshamster Sat 13-May-17 18:19:05

What gets me is that MGTOWs and their ilk are notorious for the 'one woman was like this one time and therefore all women always style of "logic"

I can't think of a single other sex based political movement which does this at all. Nope nothing to see here. wink

Railgunner1 Sat 13-May-17 18:24:40

MGTOWs should be gay. They don't really like women that much, but they're so perfect so they can go fuck each other.

coleridge Sat 13-May-17 18:37:57

Freddy, I assume you're just here to troll, but I'll give you one response.

Sure, some feminists hate all men and believe them to all be the same, but a lot of us want to free people from gendered stereotypes and discourage the lazy thinking of all men or women are a certain way.

It's a typical human thing to fall victim to heuristics and make illogical generalisations and assumptions but we should try to do better. I do try to make a point of clarifying by using words like some/many/one but we all do fall into the trap.

coleridge Sat 13-May-17 18:43:53

Phone is being awful, sorry.

I meant that I see the AWALT claim (all women are like that) so often on manosphere threads but if someone generalises men they lose it. If the hypocrisy is called out, there are then patently untrue and pseudoscientific claims that men differ but women are all similar.

If feminists do this too, it's just as stupid, don't get me wrong.

HelenaDove Sun 14-May-17 02:52:47

This is why i was so wary sometimes when a man would start coming to our old slimming world group. The weight would fall off them very quickly but there is a reason for that. The more testosterone you have the easier weight loss is. (just in case any mansplainers come on the thread and say im bitter due to failed weight loss ive lost ten stone) What pisses me off is that men are quite happy to say they are the same as women when it comes to weight loss (ive lost it this way so why cant you etc) but then change the game and say that men and women are different when it comes to housework (men cant see dirt etc) ive probably not explained this very well but what i mean is that they seem happy to chop and change the narrative back and forth to suit the situation. Im talking generally not about any man in particular.

Though i would not attend a slimming world class run by a male consultant unless he was willing to factor in that testosterone gives men an edge when it comes to weight loss and not use it to "encourage" pressure people with more oestrogen to do the impossible and lose weight at a rate of knots when they (women) are the ones with a fat laying hormone.

Actually i would not attend a class with a male consultant because i would not want to risk my mental health because of this kind of pressure.

PoochSmooch Sun 14-May-17 07:06:34

Ah, the manosphere grin

They only seem to have a very rudimentary grasp of physiology. That men can (and in fact should) maintain a lower body fat percentage than women is not because women lack moral fibre or the will to train. It's just a biological fact.

But I expect it's far more fun for these tragic little misogynists with mummy issues to let it all feed into their turbo charge sense of injustice. Bless.

NeverTooOldForAnything Sun 14-May-17 07:20:22

There are some fitness forums I do not visit anymore for this reason (worst offender: Mark Rippetoe).

You can just see the insecurity and bitterness dripping off these comments, and I have no time for this anymore (also, I have promised myself to stop getting so angry at strangers on the Internet).

OP if you're looking for a good fitness forum, I can recommend Fitocracy. They have a very supportive community, and people there are very respectful

AvonBarksdale99 Sun 14-May-17 14:49:20

It's definitely easier for men to have lower body fat, but then I'd also say that women can look 'better' (physically/in their bodies I mean) when not training in any way.

PoochSmooch Sun 14-May-17 15:52:16

It's definitely easier for men to have lower body fat, but then I'd also say that women can look 'better' (physically/in their bodies I mean) when not training in any way

Bit of a non-sequiteur, this post. Better? Better in what way, in whose view? Do you mean "an unfit woman can look nice, but an unfit man can't"?

It's just personal preference. I look fucking fantastic when I'm at peak strength. Muscles everywhere. Lovely grin because, to me an athletic physique "looks better".

It's not just "easier" for men to have a lower body fat percentage. It's physiologically not possible for a woman to get to as low a body fat percentage as a man. We have breasts, for a start. A reasonably fit man can quite happily maintain a sub-10% body fat, but a woman at sub 10% would almost certainly be quite ill.

waterlego Sun 14-May-17 16:12:41

I agree with the OP on there. Women can 'get away' with carrying a higher percentage of body fat, not because we want special lady privileges, but because that's the way our bodies are designed! It is one of the fundamental ways in which male and female bodies differ.

So although I think the OP makes a good point, the rest of the posts are fucking awful.

Women are lazy and can't cope with hard physical work eh? I'm guessing most of those blokes have never seen a woman give birth then! They're also assuming that women who spend hours on treadmills are representative of all women who enjoy fitness.

One of the posters wants people to play a tiny violin for him because in order to attract a mate, he feels he has to spend every waking moment in the gym in between downing protein shakes. 🙄 It doesn't appear to have occurred to him that perhaps the type of women he is attempting to appeal to are probably not the right 'type' for him.

But yeah, it's so easy for women, all we have to do is just not eat all the pies. 😂

Xenophile Sun 14-May-17 18:28:10

Mig-Tows are sad, pasty, misogynist individuals who are very angry that due to being sad, pasty, misogynist individuals no woman would willingly want to have a relationship with them. Boo fucking hoo.

Newsflash.

No one owes anyone sex, or their time, or their company ever.

Most of them seem quite happy to pay to have sex on prostituted women though, so not quite going their own way. Shame, I'm pretty sure most people would simply love for them to quietly go their own way instead of having massive cry wanks about it on the internet.

AnyFucker Sun 14-May-17 18:34:29

Xenophile, I think I love you grin

Railgunner1 Mon 15-May-17 08:51:17

If feminists do this too, it's just as stupid, don't get me wrong.
I'm on a few RadFem groups, and there are many victims of sexual assault, so even though the stereotype "all men rape" is stupid, but in that context - understandable.

Datun Mon 15-May-17 09:31:18

massive cry wanks

I know I shouldn't laugh, but...

Polidori Mon 15-May-17 11:06:16

What's this easy way for men to lose weight??
(If it involves fewer cakes then that's very hard).

deydododatdodontdeydo Mon 15-May-17 11:30:31

Yes, that's a mysoginist movement and forum. That kind of think does seep into other fitness forums, though, but not quite as much.
bb.com is pretty awful.

Their whole thinking is based upon very narrow preferences though. They think only the super ripped, muscular look is attractive to women, and without that, and all the hard work it entails, women won't look twice at them.
On the other hand, they think all women have to do is "not be fat" and men will throw themselves at them.
Very narrow thinking.

NoLoveofMine Mon 15-May-17 11:54:50

For people who claim to want to "go their own way" they seem to spend an inordinate amount of time angrily obsessing about how awful women are for not seeing them as Adonis-esque figures. I would be more than happy if they "went their own way", especially if that way was the opposite direction from any I'm heading in.

On the other hand, they think all women have to do is "not be fat" and men will throw themselves at them.

Or that women would even want such a situation. I and doubtless many others would rather not get any such attention from men most of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now