Talk

Advanced search

Have you seen #femboytwitter?

(7 Posts)
GinAndSonic Fri 21-Apr-17 22:31:58

Some retweets popped up in my feed and I had a look because absolutely men and boys can like makeup and whatnot.
Im slightly puzzled though by the self-proclaimed "trans boys" tweeting pics of themselves in full make up, etc. It's like the opposite of Danielle Muscato. Girls, in full make up, obviously female.... But they identify as boys. And the one I saw who is a drag act... I dont even know where to begin tbh.
Trans stuff is melting my brain.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, surely it's just a duck?

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Fri 21-Apr-17 22:40:07

Think I've seen the same drag "queen" and honestly my brain exploded.

A woman who doesn't identify as a woman but then dresses up....as....a woman......

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Fri 21-Apr-17 22:42:03

Sorry, should have said "a woman who doesn't identify as a woman but then dresses up as a woman in an appropriation of women"

What?

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 22-Apr-17 00:20:33

Film from 1985. Julie Andrews, couldn't get a job as an woman, made a living instead pretending to be a man impersonating a woman. I'm guessing these femboys think they're being original ...

VestalVirgin Sat 22-Apr-17 00:39:34

In Shakespeare's time, boys would play the female roles, and often end up playing women who disguised as men.

This is kinda the same thing? But the other way round?

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 22-Apr-17 12:00:13

As You Like It and Twelfth Night? Cynical old me wondered if the young actor they had at the time in the troupe just couldn't carry off a female character, so Will just thought 'bugger it, I'll have to write a part he can carry off then'.

AnotherQuoll Sat 22-Apr-17 20:57:13

Ewwwww. I made the mistake of searching #femboy on Twitter an the first results showed numerous skinny males with testicles or penis peeking out of knickers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: