Talk

Advanced search

Gender Bias - yet again

(2 Posts)
WalkWithTheWomen Wed 12-Apr-17 10:12:33

I was sent this petition yesterday by a male friend who was shocked reading it. I was too. And really moved to act.

I'd like to ask you all to please sign it. It takes just seconds to do, and it will make a difference.

www.change.org/p/theresa-may-mp-free-sanitary-products-for-girls-on-free-school-meals-freeperiods

Are we really living in 2017? It is absolutely abhorrent that girls are missing school because they can't afford sanitary products.

As women, we are discriminated against pretty much at every stage of our lives, and to have to miss out on an education because we are born with a uterus is unjust and wholly unacceptable.

For the government to display such a willful inertia to act, is nothing short of gender bias, yet again. Without an uninterrupted education, aren't these girls permanently trapped in a cycle of poverty?

Condoms are handed out at bars, clubs and in clinics for free, but these young girls are struggling to afford basic amenities which are absolutely necessary. Basic sanitation is a right and Education is necessary.

As a mum, sister, and daughter, can I please ask that everyone signs and share this petition. I will also be writing to my MP about this. Thank you.

BetsyM00 Wed 12-Apr-17 11:59:21

Already posted here and here.

And it's got bugger all to do with gender.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now