We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unite the Union election - advice requested, please

(6 Posts)
ArcheryAnnie Mon 10-Apr-17 11:13:31

It's the deadline for the Unite election in a few days time. Anyone I should absolutely avoid voting for for feminist reasons, please? Googling does not help much.

(With some of the categories it's a question of "least awful" rather than "best", but still.)

DrDreReturns Mon 10-Apr-17 12:58:06

Get rid of Len Mccluskey, then hopefully Corbyn will fall and be replaced by a female leader of the Labour party.

LassWiTheDelicateAir Mon 10-Apr-17 13:17:59

I got emails from Gerard Coyne but just ignored them. I'm a member of the Labour party but not of Unite.

I think if you care at all about the Labour party I think not being a virtue signalling, blindly dogmatic, idiot is the criteria to look for.

Corbyn just seems to be dreaming up more reasons for people not to vote Labour. The 20% on private school fees will not win anyone back.

makeourfuture Mon 10-Apr-17 15:09:19

and be replaced by a female leader of the Labour party.

Who are you thinking of?

DrDreReturns Mon 10-Apr-17 15:30:19

Labour have 101 female MPs (out of a total of 229). There must be some credible female candidates. I'm not a member of the Labour party but I wish they'd gone for Liz Kendall when Corbyn was originally elected. I haven't got an encyclopaedic knowledge of their MPs though. The Consevatives have managed to elect two female leaders, why can't Labour do the same?

LassWiTheDelicateAir Mon 10-Apr-17 18:08:10

I don't want a female leader "just because". Theresa May was obviously the best ( or depending on your view, least worst) option at the time.

I'm struggling to think of anyone who has leadership capabilities. Keir Stanmer? Dan Jarvis ? Labour members had the opportunity of choosing Yvette Cooper and blew it.

In Scotland I think Neil Findlay would do a better job than Kezia Dugdale. Kezia seems a lovely person but she's achieving the previously impossible feat of being more ineffectual than the leader of the Scottish Lib Dems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now