Talk

Advanced search

CitizenGo

(9 Posts)
Tannyfastic Thu 06-Apr-17 08:18:54

Name changed to avoid backlash.
I don't disagree with anything they are saying on the face of it.
And signed their petition.

http://em.citizengo.org/dN0RiLyXwu3YX00DiW030O0

Tannyfastic Thu 06-Apr-17 08:22:03

I see they are Catholics.
I guess the trouble is with this that they will start on lesbians and gays next...

wrappedupinmyselflikeaspool Thu 06-Apr-17 09:16:06

What is it? The link does t work

psychopharm Thu 06-Apr-17 09:19:19

It's a long list of anti abortion, anti contraception petitions?

psychopharm Thu 06-Apr-17 09:23:18

"
A right to one’s life and its preservation, from the moment of conception to its natural end."

AssassinatedBeauty Thu 06-Apr-17 10:16:52

It's a link to a petition to support their "free speech bus" which has a message on it which says "it's biology... boys are boys and always will be, girls are girls and always will be". It being driven round the US.

The issue I have with this is, whilst I agree with their statement about biology, I don't like the way it is framed. They're coming from a religious viewpoint that would go on to attack gay people and other groups. They wouldn't support the feminist positions that I hold either. I don't think a simplistic message on a bus works either. All that seems to be happening is it getting attacked and vandalised. This then is seized upon and the whole thing is becoming a nasty battle rather than any kind of productive persuasion.

Tannyfastic Thu 06-Apr-17 10:57:19

It is (on the face of it) something I agree with.
I am pro choice.
Feminist.
So there we part company.
I've signed their petition and agree with their statement.

Laurapalmer90 Thu 06-Apr-17 12:20:30

AssassinatedBeauty has briefly touched on this in his/her post but word of warning about CitizenGo - people might want to look into who CitizenGo are and what they really represent. I signed this one and the Gender Identity one because I'm concerned about the trans agenda and its impact on women's rights. But it turns out that CitizenGo are actually a bunch of bigots: pro-life, right-wing, homophobic misogynists and so I don't think their petitions are really based on concern for women's rights at all. I'm not sure how good 'allies' they are. From what I've seen on Facebook there's been another petition against the GIB created on the Parliament website but I don't believe it's been approved yet.

Laurapalmer90 Thu 06-Apr-17 12:23:44

Ah see that some posters have already briefly discussed this in their posts so apologies if I repeated anything that people already know blush grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now